Founded in 2004, Blueface and Star2Star is the recognised global standard for IP Unified Communications technology, offering ultra-reliable, easily integrated cloud-based solutions.
Blueface began with a superlative voice-offering and through a strong R&D focus, we have developed and leveraged a customised IP platform for businesses of any size.
Headquartered between Dublin, IE and Florida, US — with offices in New York, Rome, Madrid, London as well as our partner network — Blueface & Star2Star are rapidly expanding our global reach.
To help us continue to our expedited growth, Blueface are seeking a talented Network and VoIP Engineer join our NOC Team. If your talents match the brief and you can contribute to our innovation-driven, fun-loving, high performance team — apply today!
Senior Network & VoIP Engineer
Blueface is seeking a Senior Network and VoIP Engineer, with 5+ years’ experience, who will be involved in the implementation and support of our voice and services solutions platform. You will also contribute towards the maintenance and development of the core infrastructure.
Reporting directly to the CTO, you will join a team mandated to drive Blueface’s technology innovation and ensure the service, quality and features continues to benefit our loyal customer base.
Interacts with network services, software systems engineering and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify core problems.
Identifying issues by simulating or recreating customer problems, troubleshoots network outages or degradations, software and hardware issues, and submitting those findings to the appropriate work center for remediation.
Work with the Systems Team in day-today maintenance operations
Third Tier Technical support
SIP Traces Analysis
Required Skills & Competencies
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related areas
- 5+ years’ of relevant experience
- Strong TCP/IP based LAN and WAN architecture.
- Experience with SIP signalling and VoIP in general
- Good knowledge of VoIP security set up.
- Good knowledge about routing protocols and troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of current security protocols and solutions
- Scripting language in at least one of the following: Perl; Bourne shell, Korn Shell, Ruby, Python
- Experience with application servers such as Nginx, Squid, Uwsgi
Preferred Skills & Competencies
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience with Freeswitch and Kamailio
- Experience with administering and managing Linux/Windows systems and environments
- Experience with VMWare vSphere / vCenter/ESXi environments
- Experience with Cisco IOS routers
- Experience with PFSense firewalls
- Experience with SS7
Location and Perks
Blueface HQ is located in the IFSC, in the heart of Dublin.
The area is served by excellent infrastructure and public transport links (DART, Dublin Bus, LUAS), and close to all that Dublin City has to offer including parks, cinemas, theaters, bars and shopping.
We are two minutes from CHQ — a space teeming with excellent lunch spots — as well as Foodie, the Natural Bakery, Seven Wonders, Il Fiorino and a host of the highest quality coffee shops and grocery stores.
The Liffey is lined with benches for relaxing riverside breaks, there are numerous quality restaurants and hotels in the area and you’ll find Dublin’s spectacular coastline just 10-minutes away. Blueface also provide our staff with WebDoctor, a remote GP-service to keep you in rude health.
Apply now to become the newest addition to the Blueface Team!
Role Type: Full-time
Compensation: NEG, DOE