Founded in 2004, Blueface and Star2Star is the recognised global standard for IP Unified Communications technology, offering ultra-reliable, easily integrated cloud-based solutions.
Blueface began with a superlative voice-offering and through a strong R&D focus, we have developed and leveraged a customised IP platform for businesses of any size.
Headquartered between Dublin, Ireland and Florida, United States — with offices in New York, Rome, Madrid, London and Hong Kong as well as our partner network — Blueface & Star2Star are rapidly expanding our global reach.
To help us continue to our expedited growth, Blueface are seeking a talented Technical Support Specialist to join our Asia Team in Hong Kong. If your talents match the brief and you can contribute to our innovation-driven, fun-loving, high performance team — apply today!
Technical Support Specialist
Our leading award-winning service and platform offers a comprehensive, feature-rich, all-in-one solution for corporates and businesses everywhere, but sometimes customers and partners have difficulty navigating these new features, programs and platforms. Therefore, we’re looking for a Technical Support Specialist to these handle support requests from our clients.
You will be responsible for walking customers and partners through the process of sourcing a solution to their problems, whether that relates to an user error, a bug or something else entirely. The Technical Support Specialist will also be responsible for communicating with our international staff located in Ireland about suspected software problems or new feature requests. Additionally, you will also have the opportunity to oversee and lead on training for other support staff, ensuring their ability in customer satisfaction.
- Identifying issues by simulating or recreating customer problems, troubleshoots network outages or degradation, and submitting those findings to the appropriate work center for remediation
- Overseeing partner support team to ensure all procedures and processes are properly understood for adequate customer service
- Provide training to partner support team
- Help customers troubleshoot issues they encounter while using the service and provide actionable tips to resolve the problem
- Refer difficult cases to a senior analyst or support tech
- Diagnose/identifying software and hardware problems and advising on the solution
- Logging and keeping records of customer/employee queries
- Analysing call logs so you can spot common trends and underlying problems
- Updating self-help documents so customers/employees can try to fix problems themselves
- Working with field engineers to visit customers/employees if the problem is more serious
- Testing faulty equipment
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor Degree or professional IT-preferred qualification required
- Minimum 1 year experience in information technology or technical support
- Fluency in English and Chinese (Cantonese)
- Good analytical problem-solving skills
- The capacity to work well within a team
- Attention to detail
- Logical thinking
- Interpersonal skills as you will regularly be in contact with colleagues and/or customers
- The ability to prioritise your workload
- The capacity to clearly explain a technical problem to a customer/colleague
- Outstanding listening and questioning skills
- Up-to-date technical knowledge
We offer vast career development support and opportunities, on-job training and other great benefits. We value work-life balance and provide a diverse and dynamic international work environment.
Entry-level candidates or even fresh graduate students who feel passionate about IT and joining the Blueface and Star2Star team are welcome to apply!
Ready to make a difference and help others? Join us.