Senior Database Administrator (PostgreSQL)
Blueface’s portfolio of business-grade solutions customizable cloud voice unified communications platform is a member of Comcast Business’s portfolio of business-grade solutions. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company with three primary businesses: Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal and Sky. Making Comcast one of the world's largest connectivity and entertainment companies.
Recognised by Gartner in their UCaaS Magic Quadrant, Blueface has built upon superlative voice foundations to develop a feature-rich, easily customised proprietary platform for businesses and carriers of any size. Blueface has global reach with headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and Philadelphia, USA; with additional offices in New York, Hong Kong, Rome, Madrid, and London. As a member of Comcast Business, Blueface’s culture is built on integrity and respect—with the goal of working together to drive ourselves and our businesses to always be creative, innovative, and competitive. At Blueface, we embrace good ideas and bring them to life quickly. We’re forward-looking and restless in looking for new ways to innovate for our customers.
To help us continue our expedited growth, Blueface are seeking a talented DBA to join our Engineering Team. If your talents match the brief and you can contribute to our innovation-driven, fun-loving, high performance team — apply today!
Senior Database Administrator
Blueface is seeking a Database Administrator, with 5+ years of relevant experience, who will be involved in the maintenance and improvement of our database infrastructure for our growing needs, and in the software release cycles. You will contribute towards the analysis of infrastructure performance, perform incident assessments, and analyze usage. Provide performance metrics, inform stakeholders to risks, and provide options for maximizing availability.
Reporting directly to the CTO, you will join a team mandated to drive Blueface’s technology innovation and ensure the service, quality and features continues to benefit our loyal customer base.
- Audit existing PostgreSQL Database configuration and setup
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Own the database schema and advise on updates for the production and pre-production PostgreSQL Database clusters
- Be aware of planned database maintenance and actively participate in the software development life cycle
- Implement, with collaboration of the software development teams, a robust data maintenance, version control, and release procedures
- Participate in the disaster recovery assessment and participate in the implementation of automated procedures
- Propose and implement improvements of the database setup, data organisation and query optimization
- Cover Data Center on-site operations when needed.
- Participate in the triage and incident management of incidents effecting database infrastructure
Required Skills & Competencies
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related areas
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Expert in PostgreSQL Database administration
- Expert in SQL
Preferred Skills & Competencies
- Experience with Linux Administration
- Experience with PGPool
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
Location and Perks
Blueface offers its employees
- Comprehensive and competitive healthcare benefits program
- Good Annual Leave balance
- A pension contribution scheme
- Professional Development programs
- Corporate Partnership with some of our customers
- Tax Saving Scheme (Bike to work, travel cards etc).
- Hardware (Laptop, Monitor, Keyboard etc)
- Software Licensing approved
Blueface HQ is located in the heart of Dublin. As it stands, Blueface is currently fully remote but we will have our new offices opened within North Dock in 2021! This area is served by excellent infrastructure and public transit links and is close to all that Dublin city has to offer.
We are only a few minutes walk from the CHQ— a space teeming with excellent lunch spots — including Foodie, the Natural Bakery, Freshi, The Bake House, Seven Wonders, Il Fiorino and a host of the highest quality coffee shops and grocery stores.
The Liffey is lined with benches for relaxing riverside breaks, there are numerous quality restaurants and hotels in the area and you’ll find Dublin’s spectacular coastline just 10-minutes away. Blueface also provides our staff with WebDoctor, a remote GP-service to keep you in good health.
North Dock is a short walk to the IFSC and is a hive of activity for the software development community and large companies and you’re never far from a MeetUp, conference or tech-driven breakfast morning.
Apply now to become the newest addition to the Blueface Team!
Industry: Telecommunications Compensation: NEG, DOE
Contract Status: Permanent