The Executive Assistant (EA) will facilitate a wide range of business communications, operations and priorities with, and on behalf of the CEO. The EA will attend and record all key business meetings with the CEO, which may at times require international travel. This position functions as a primary liaison for the CEO to employees, external stakeholders and the Management Team. In addition this role will be responsible for overseeing the CEO’s schedule, travel plans, and related records.
- Acts as a liaison between the CEO and members of the Management Team, employees and external business stakeholders, which includes the handling of sensitive and confidential information;
- Attends all key business meetings with the CEO, which will sometimes require international travel; and on occasion may be requested to participate as proxy in meetings for which the CEO is unavailable, in order to provide first hand reports;
- Assist in the running of an international team, including: aligning teams with the business strategy, setting meeting agendas, keeping thorough meeting notes, following up on action points, tracking key milestones, and generally sharing clear and consistent information across internal departments;
- Maintains the day-to-day calendar for the CEO, including but not limited to: meeting agendas, documents, presentations and all information related to travel;
- Ensures that the CEO is provided with briefing materials for various meetings and events in which the CEO participates.
- Prepares monthly projected schedules for the CEO;
- Schedules all staff meetings and briefings involving the CEO;
- Makes reservations for the CEO's air travel, ground transportation, and lodging;
- Prepares detailed itineraries for the CEO, including important numbers, locations and contact names;
- Anticipates the CEO’s needs and priorities with proactive communication and planning;
- Maintains a positive working relationship with the CEO, colleagues and external business contacts;
- Accepts performance-based criticism and direction;
- Maintains clear focus under pressure and manages stress positively;
- Works a flexible schedule when necessary to accommodate the hours required for maintaining global business relationships;
- Performs other ad hoc duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with at least three years of office experience. At least three years experience working in a comprehensive support role to a C-Suite level Executive; Experience making travel reservations and arrangements. Alternatively, three to five years of related work experience.
Skills and Knowledge
The ideal candidate for this position is a self-motivated highly reliable and focused individual with ambition and a proven track record of operating in a dynamic environment. Strong communication and organisational skills are essential. This person will need to be a touchstone for the CEO, and will always be aware of up-to- date information about the daily aspects, dealings and operations of the business.
The ideal candidate must exude a positive attitude and possess the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to prioritization of business objectives;
- Possess strong organisational skills and creative problem solving abilities;
- Confidence to make critical observations and take decisive actions when required;
- Brings a sense of urgency and careful attention to detail to all assignments;
- Professionalism, integrity, dependability and advanced time management awareness;
- Adaptability and flexibility in a fast-paced work environment;
- Active listening habits
- Ability to collaborate with varied personalities, in a friendly, respectful and professional manner;
- High social/cultural intelligence for influencing the progression of business strategies and objectives at department and team levels;
- Curiosity and willingness to learn about the business and the industry in pursuit of continued professional growth and development with the company;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite, especially PowerPoint and Google Slides.
- Have a “can do” attitude and demonstrate a desire to deliver performance excellence.
Location and Perks
Located in the heart of Dublin's IFSC, Blueface is near a host of restaurants, coffee shops, scenic walks and cultural hot spots. You’ll never be lost for something to do on your lunch break. In addition to a prime location close to all public transit links, Blueface employees can take advantage of the perks below.
- Feeling unwell? Get on a private video chat with a qualified doctor on WebDoctor.ie — anywhere, any time — for a free consultation, prescription, referral and more!
- Blueface offers employees an opportunity to learn and develop to advance their career.
- Complimentary mobile phone service is offered to Blueface employees.
Function: EA to the CEO
Industry: Cloud Telecommunications
Compensation: Favourable, Negotiable DOE.