Founded in 2004, Blueface is the recognised global standard for IP Unified Communications technology, offering ultra-reliable, easily integrated cloud-based solutions.
Blueface began as a superlative voice-offering solution, and through a strong R&D focus has now developed and leveraged a customised IP platform for businesses of any size.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland — with offices in New York, Rome, Madrid and London, and assisted by an extensive partner network — Blueface is rapidly expanding its global reach.
To help us continue our expedited growth, Blueface is seeking a talented Business Analyst for our product team. If your talents match the brief and you can contribute to our innovation-driven, fun-loving, high performance team — apply today!
Blueface is seeking a Business Analyst to work in our product team.
Working closely with the product manager, you will join the global, multi-functional Blueface product and technology team and will play an important role in the definition and development of new product features and processes.
The main purpose of this role is to work with the product team and a number of business departments & stakeholders to gather and define new feature requirements. The requirements must be recorded and agreed upon. These requirements must also be prioritised and ranked in terms of importance.
You will then work with the product manager and the technology team (including UX design) to further define the requirements. The product team will then track the new feature development through the software delivery process, and will offer support where required.
We are looking for a candidate who is willing to grow alongside our innovative, high-growth company. The role will have scope to evolve based on the candidate’s desire to learn and become involved in other fields.
- Gather and define new feature or process improvement requirements and priorities through meetings with various business stakeholders and user representatives. Articulate all relevant aspects of the feature or process improvement using a blend of methods, including system diagrams and user stories.
- Work with the product team, the chief technology officer (CTO) team and various business units to agree the prioritisation and relative importance of enhancements.
- Work with our agile software development teams to explain and clarify requirements and any additional challenges that occur during the development process.
- Perform detailed industry and competitor analysis and identify opportunities to improve our product offering.
- Perform analysis on proposed features to establish their viability and relevance to our customers.
- Perform retrospective analysis to account for the success of product initiatives.
- Assist with user experience testing, including interviews and observation.
- Assist the product team with product roadmap development and maintenance, including short-term and long-term vision components.
- Prepare project initiation and product requirement documentation.
- Prepare documentation to inform operational teams of product updates and new features.
- Foster a data-driven culture; enable the organisation to make more informed decisions through data & business analysis.
- Work with the product manager and the CTO team on various tasks related to whitelabel acquisition.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels, in multiple geographies and business functions, both internally and externally.
- Experience gathering and compiling business requirements.
- Experience creating documentation that contains some technical elements.
- Ability to simplify complex situations; strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and project manage many tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under deadline constraints.
Beneficial Skills and Competencies
- Experience as part of an Agile software delivery process is an advantage.
- Experience defining requirements using BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) and/or UML is an advantage.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence or equivalent software solutions.
- Experience with software project management.
While Blueface is committed to developing our product, we are even more committed to developing our culture and work environment. With this in mind, the ideal candidate will possess:
- 2 years' minimum experience in a Business Analyst or project delivery role, such as Project Management, Program Management or Product Management.
- A relevant degree qualification is desirable - such as a Bachelor's degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain, Finance, Computer Science, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience.
- A formalised training in Business Analysis/Project Management or a Lean Six Sigma qualification is helpful.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills - written and verbal communications.
- Embraces continuous improvement and new ways of doing things, navigating in a dynamic and often ambiguous environment while providing information to drive improvement.
- Inquisitive nature, and can think creatively, with strong analytical skills. Can be objective and independent.
- Thinks in a way that synthesizes many ideas into a big-picture view.
- Has a level of proficiency in understanding, explaining and documenting both business and technical requirements.
- Has experience modelling ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ processes using various tools.
- Experience developing data flow diagrams to determine data flow characteristics and requirements.
- Team player - can effectively contribute to the work of others and works well in a matrixed team environment.
Location and Perks
Blueface HQ is located in the IFSC, in the heart of Dublin. The area is served by excellent infrastructure and public transit links (DART, Dublin Bus, LUAS), and is close to all that Dublin City has to offer including restaurants, cinemas, theatres, bars and shopping.
We are two minutes from CHQ — a space teeming with excellent lunch spots — including Foodie, the Natural Bakery, Freshi, The Bake House, Seven Wonders, Il Fiorino and a host of the highest quality coffee shops and grocery stores.
The Liffey is lined with benches for relaxing riverside breaks, there are numerous quality restaurants and hotels in the area and you’ll find Dublin’s spectacular coastline just 10-minutes away. Blueface also provides our staff with WebDoctor, a remote GP-service to keep you in rude health.
The IFSC is a hive of activity for the software development community and you’re never far from a MeetUp, conference or tech-driven breakfast morning.
Apply now to become the newest addition to the Blueface Team!
Role Type: One Year Fixed Term Contract
Compensation: NEG, DOE