Level 3 Support Engineer
Blueface’s portfolio of business-grade solutions customizable cloud voice unified communications platform is a member of Comcast Business’s portfolio of business-grade solutions. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company with three primary businesses: Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal and Sky. Making Comcast one of the world's largest connectivity and entertainment companies.
Recognised by Gartner in their UCaaS Magic Quadrant, Blueface has built upon superlative voice foundations to develop a feature-rich, easily customised proprietary platform for businesses and carriers of any size. Blueface has global reach with headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and Philadelphia, USA; with additional offices in New York, Hong Kong, Rome, Madrid, and London. As a member of Comcast Business, Blueface’s culture is built on integrity and respect—with the goal of working together to drive ourselves and our businesses to always be creative, innovative, and competitive. At Blueface, we embrace good ideas and bring them to life quickly. We’re forward-looking and restless in looking for new ways to innovate for our customers.
Blueface is seeking a talented L-3 Support Engineer to join our Team.
If your talents match the brief and you can contribute to our innovation-driven, fun-loving, high performance team — apply today!
L-3 Support Engineer
Blueface is seeking a L-3 Support Engineer, who will be involved in the implementation and support of our voice and services solutions platform. You will also contribute towards the maintenance and development of the core infrastructure.
Reporting directly to the CTO, you will join a team mandated to drive Blueface’s technology innovation and ensure the service, quality and features continues to benefit our loyal customer base.
- Interacts with network services, software systems engineering and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify core problems.
- Identifying issues by simulating or recreating customer problems, troubleshoots network outages or degradations, software and hardware issues, and submitting those findings to the appropriate work center for remediation.
- Work with the Systems Team in day-today maintenance operations
- Help with Third Tier Technical support
- SIP Traces Analysis
Required Skills & Competencies
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related areas
- Experience with Freeswitch and Kamailio
- Strong TCP/IP based LAN and WAN architecture.
- Experience with SIP signalling and VoIP in general
- Good knowledge of VoIP security set up.
- Good knowledge about routing protocols and troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of current security protocols and solutions
Beneficial Skills & Competencies
- Fluency in English
- Good analytical problem-solving skills
- The capacity to work well within a team
- Attention to detail
- Logical thinking
- Interpersonal skills as you will regularly be in contact with colleagues and/or customers
- The ability to prioritise your workload
- The capacity to clearly explain a technical problem to a customer/colleague
- Outstanding listening and questioning skills
- Up-to-date technical knowledge
Blueface are as committed to developing our staff as we our to developing & maintaining our stack. With this in mind, the ideal candidate will possess:
- A proactive, self-motivated personality with a strong commitment to learning.
- Aware of the relationship between development and business with a strong sense of ownership
- Precise, decisive analytical skills.
- An ability to work under pressure and against tight deadlines
Location & Perks
Comcast offers its employees a comprehensive and competitive healthcare benefits program that delivers value to you and your family while supporting the company’s business objectives.
Blueface HQ is located in the IFSC, in the heart of Dublin. The area is served by excellent infrastructure and public transit links (DART, Dublin Bus, LUAS), and is close to all that Dublin City has to offer including restaurants, cinemas, theatres, bars and shopping.
We are two minutes from CHQ — a space teeming with excellent lunch spots — including Foodie, the Natural Bakery, Freshi, The Bake House, Seven Wonders, Il Fiorino and a host of the highest quality coffee shops and grocery stores.
The Liffey is lined with benches for relaxing riverside breaks, there are numerous quality restaurants and hotels in the area and you’ll find Dublin’s spectacular coastline just 10-minutes away. Blueface also provides our staff with WebDoctor, a remote GP-service to keep you in rude health.
The IFSC is a hive of activity for the software development community and you’re never far from a MeetUp, conference or tech-driven breakfast morning.
Apply now to become the newest addition to the Blueface Team!
Role Type: One Year Fixed Term Contract
Industry: Telecommunications Compensation: NEG, DOE