Software Development Manager : Mobile
Software Development Manager : Mobile
Blueface’s portfolio of business-grade solutions customizable cloud voice unified communications platform is a member of Comcast Business’s portfolio of business-grade solutions. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company with three primary businesses: Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal and Sky. Making Comcast one of the world's largest connectivity and entertainment companies.
Recognised by Gartner in their UCaaS Magic Quadrant, Blueface has built upon superlative voice foundations to develop a feature-rich, easily customised proprietary platform for businesses and carriers of any size. Blueface has global reach with headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and Philadelphia, USA; with additional offices in New York, Hong Kong, Rome, Madrid, and London. As a member of Comcast Business, Blueface’s culture is built on integrity and respect—with the goal of working together to drive ourselves and our businesses to always be creative, innovative, and competitive. At Blueface, we embrace good ideas and bring them to life quickly. We’re forward-looking and restless in looking for new ways to innovate for our customers.
Blueface is seeking a talented Software Development Manager with exemplary team leadership skills, to manage our Teams of Mobile Software Developers. We have 1 team for Android and 1 team for iOS, currently with 3 developers each. We are currently hiring an additional 2 mobile developers.
If your talents match the brief and you can contribute to our innovation-driven, fun-loving, high performance team — apply today!
Software Development Manager
Blueface is seeking a Software Development Manager for our growing teams mobile developers. The overall software teams includes back end Python developers, front end Angular developers, mobile applications developers (iOS and Android), QA Engineers and UI/UX designers.
Reporting directly to the CTO, you will join the global, multi-functional Blueface Technology Team and will be instrumental in the full software development life-cycle.
The main purpose of this role is to lead our 2 mobile teams that is delivering business critical projects whilst maintaining high morale, managing the day to day activities in an efficient and professional manner and ensuring all team targets and timelines are met, as advised by management.
We are looking for a candidate who is willing to grow alongside our innovative, high-growth company. The role will have scope to evolve based on the candidate’s desire to learn and become involved in other technical fields.
- Manage Software Delivery using Agile Kanban methodology
- Manage 2 small Teams of mobile Software Developers
- Manage the Team Kanban Jira boards
- Manage the Team's projects
- Responsible for the overall quality of the code bases
- Participate in the hiring of new Developers
- Facilitate and assist each Developer to grow personally and professionally
Required Skills & Competencies
- Proven experience of leading a team of Software Engineers including performance, development and disciplinary issues
- Experience with managing mobile software project
- Experience in full software development lifecycle from design to deployment
- Experience using Kanban or other Agile methodologies
- Experience with Jira and related software
- Experience with Software Project Management
- Ability to write technical documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience recruiting staff and building development teams
Beneficial Skills and Competencies
- Experience as a mobile software developer
- Knowledge of Java/Kotlin, Objective-C/Swift
Blueface are as committed to developing our staff as we our to developing our stack. With this in mind, the ideal candidate will possess:
- BSc in Computer Science or Software Engineering or related areas
- A proactive, self-motivated personality with a strong commitment to learning
- Awareness of the relationship between development and business with a strong sense of ownership
- Precise, decisive analytical skills
- An ability to work under pressure and against tight deadlines
Location and Perks
Blueface HQ is located in the IFSC, in the heart of Dublin. The area is served by excellent infrastructure and public transit links (DART, Dublin Bus, LUAS), and close to all that Dublin City has to offer including parks, cinemas, theaters, bars and shopping.
We are two minutes from CHQ — a space teeming with excellent lunch spots — including Foodie, the Natural Bakery, Seven Wonders, Il Fiorino and a host of the highest quality coffee shops and grocery stores.
The Liffey is lined with benches for relaxing riverside breaks, there are numerous quality restaurants and hotels in the area and you’ll find Dublin’s spectacular coastline just 10-minutes away. Blueface also provide our staff with WebDoctor, a remote GP-service to keep you in rude health.
The IFSC is a hive of activity for the software development community and you’re never far from a MeetUp, conference or tech-driven breakfast morning.
Apply now to become the newest addition to the Blueface Team!
Compensation: NEG, DOE