Senior Systems Engineer
Introduction to Blueface
Blueface, a Comcast Business Company is a leading global Unified Communications as a Service Provider (UCaaS) to carriers and businesses of any size, anywhere in the world.
Recognised by Gartner in their UCaaS Magic Quadrant, Blueface has built upon superlative voice foundations to develop a feature-rich, easily customised proprietary platform for businesses and carriers of any size.
Blueface has global reach with headquarters in Dublin, IE and Philadelphia, US and additional offices in New York, Hong Kong, Rome, Madrid, and London.
Blueface is seeking a talented Systems Engineer with exemplary Linux administration skills, to join our Team.
If your talents match the brief and you can contribute to our innovation-driven, fun-loving, high performance team — apply today!
To help us continue to our expedited growth, Blueface are seeking a talented Systems Engineer to join our Engineering Team. If your talents match the brief and you can contribute to our innovation-driven, fun-loving, high performance team — apply today!
Senior Systems Engineer
Blueface is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer, with 8+ years’ experience, who will be involved in the implementation and support of our voice and services solutions platform. You will also contribute towards the maintenance and development of the core infrastructure.
We operate 7 POPs in Equinix Data Centers across the globe, all connected with dedicated fiber wavelength. The Senior Systems Engineer will help us to increase our global reach.
Reporting directly to the CTO, you will join a team mandated to drive Blueface’s technology innovation and ensure the service, quality and features continues to benefit our loyal customer base.
- Work with the systems team to perform day-to-day maintenance operations.
- Help the systems team to improve the architecture, stability and scalability of our IT infrastructure.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Cover Data Center on-site operations when needed.
Required Skills & Competencies
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related areas
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Expert in Linux administration
- Expert knowledge of routing protocols and troubleshooting
- Experience with VMWare vSphere / vCenter/ESXi environments
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with PostgreSQL administration
- Experience with RabbitMQ administration
- Strong TCP/IP based LAN and WAN architecture
- Experience with application servers such as Nginx, Squid, Uwsgi
- Strong understanding of current security protocols and solutions
- Scripting language in at least one of the following: Perl; Bourne shell, Korn Shell, Ruby, Python
Preferred Skills & Competencies
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience with SIP signalling and VoIP in general is a plus
- Experience with Freeswitch and Kamailio
Location and Perks
Blueface HQ is located in the IFSC, in the heart of Dublin.
The area is served by excellent infrastructure and public transport links (DART, Dublin Bus, LUAS), and close to all that Dublin City has to offer including parks, cinemas, theaters, bars and shopping.
We are two minutes from CHQ — a space teeming with excellent lunch spots — such as Foodie, the Natural Bakery, Seven Wonders, Il Fiorino and a host of the highest quality coffee shops and grocery stores.
The Liffey is lined with benches for relaxing riverside breaks, there are numerous quality restaurants and hotels in the area and you’ll find Dublin’s spectacular coastline just 10-minutes away. Blueface also provide our staff with WebDoctor, a remote GP-service to keep you in rude health.
Apply now to become the newest addition to the Blueface Team!