Introduction to Blueface
Blueface, a Comcast Business Company is a leading global Unified Communications as a Service Provider (UCaaS) to carriers and businesses of any size, anywhere in the world.
Recognised by Gartner in their UCaaS Magic Quadrant, Blueface has built upon superlative voice foundations to develop a feature-rich, easily customised proprietary platform for businesses and carriers of any size.
Blueface has global reach with headquarters in Dublin, IE and Philadelphia, US and additional offices in New York, Hong Kong, Rome, Madrid, and London.
To help us continue to our expedited growth, Blueface is seeking a talented Infrastructure Specialist with exemplary linux systems administration and systems architecture skills.
If your talents match the brief and you can contribute to our innovation-driven, fun-loving, high performance team — apply today!
Blueface is seeking an Infrastructure Specialist, with 8+ years’ experience, who will be involved in the implementation and support of our voice and services solutions platform. You will also contribute towards the maintenance and development of the core infrastructure.
We operate 7 POPs in Equinix Data Centers across the globe, all connected with dedicated fiber wavelength. The Infrastructure Specialist will help us to increase our global reach and help to achieve the high scales we have in forecast.
Reporting directly to the CTO, you will join a team mandated to drive Blueface’s technology innovation and ensure the service, quality and features continues to benefit our loyal customer base.
- Work with the systems team to perform day-to-day maintenance operations.
- Help the systems team to improve the architecture, stability and scalability of our IT infrastructure.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Cover Data Center on-site operations when needed.
Required Skills & Competencies
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related areas
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Expert in Linux administration
- Expert knowledge of routing protocols and troubleshooting
- Experience with VMWare vSphere / vCenter/ESXi environments
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with PostgreSQL administration
- Experience with RabbitMQ administration
- Strong TCP/IP based LAN and WAN architecture
- Experience with application servers such as Nginx, Squid, Uwsgi
- Strong understanding of current security protocols and solutions
- Scripting language in at least one of the following: Perl; Bourne shell, Korn Shell, Ruby, Python
Preferred Skills & Competencies
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience with SIP signalling and VoIP in general is a plus
- Experience with Freeswitch and Kamailio
Location and Perks
Comcast offers its employees a comprehensive and competitive healthcare benefits program that delivers value to you and your family while supporting the company’s business objectives.
Blueface HQ is located in the heart of Dublin. As it stands, Blueface is currently fully remote but we will have our new offices opened within North Dock in 2021! This area is served by excellent infrastructure and public transit links and is close to all that Dublin city has to offer.
We are only a few minutes walk from the CHQ— a space teeming with excellent lunch spots — including Foodie, the Natural Bakery, Freshi, The Bake House, Seven Wonders, Il Fiorino and a host of the highest quality coffee shops and grocery stores.
The Liffey is lined with benches for relaxing riverside breaks, there are numerous quality restaurants and hotels in the area and you’ll find Dublin’s spectacular coastline just 10-minutes away. Blueface also provides our staff with WebDoctor, a remote GP-service to keep you in good health.
North Dock is a short walk to the IFSC and is a hive of activity for the software development community and large companies and you’re never far from a MeetUp, conference or tech-driven breakfast morning.
Apply now to become the newest addition to the Blueface Team!