Senior DevOps Engineer
Introduction to Blueface
Blueface, a Comcast Business Company is a leading global Unified Communications as a Service Provider (UCaaS) to carriers and businesses of any size, anywhere in the world.
Recognised by Gartner in their UCaaS Magic Quadrant, Blueface has built upon superlative voice foundations to develop a feature-rich, easily customised proprietary platform for businesses and carriers of any size.
Blueface has global reach with headquarters in Dublin, IE and Philadelphia, US and additional offices in New York, Hong Kong, Rome, Madrid, and London.
To help us continue to our expedited growth, Blueface is seeking a talented DevOps Engineer with exemplary linux systems administration skills and experience with in-house release.
If your talents match the brief and you can contribute to our innovation-driven, fun-loving, high performance team — apply today!
Senior DevOps Engineer
Blueface is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer, with 5+ years’ experience, who will be involved in the support of our voice and services solutions platform. The successful candidate will also contribute to ease Software releases, automate the release process, automate test builds and actively monitor resources to seek for performance improvements.
Reporting directly to the CTO, you will join a team mandated to drive Blueface’s technology innovation and ensure the service, quality and features continues to benefit our loyal customer base.
Our software stack includes mostly Python and Angular.
- Work with the systems team to perform day-to-day maintenance operations on application servers.
- Help the Software Development team to optimise the output of the application from a resource utilization point of view
- Help with improving the performance and security of software applications
- Help with release management and automation
- Help with test build automation
Required Skills & Competencies
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related areas
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Expert in Linux administration
- Experience with VMWare vSphere / vCenter/ESXi environments
- Experience with RabbitMQ administration
- Strong TCP/IP based LAN and WAN architecture
- Experience with application servers such as Nginx, Squid, Uwsgi
- Strong understanding of current security protocols and solutions
- Scripting language in at least one of the following: Perl; Bourne shell, Korn Shell, Ruby, Python
Preferred Skills & Competencies
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience with Python is a plus
- Experience with Docker containers is preferred
Location and Perks
Comcast offers its employees a comprehensive and competitive healthcare benefits program that delivers value to you and your family while supporting the company’s business objectives.
Blueface HQ is located in the heart of Dublin. As it stands, Blueface is currently fully remote but we will have our new offices opened within North Dock in 2021! This area is served by excellent infrastructure and public transit links and is close to all that Dublin city has to offer.
We are only a few minutes walk from the CHQ— a space teeming with excellent lunch spots — including Foodie, the Natural Bakery, Freshi, The Bake House, Seven Wonders, Il Fiorino and a host of the highest quality coffee shops and grocery stores.
The Liffey is lined with benches for relaxing riverside breaks, there are numerous quality restaurants and hotels in the area and you’ll find Dublin’s spectacular coastline just 10-minutes away. Blueface also provides our staff with WebDoctor, a remote GP-service to keep you in good health.
North Dock is a short walk to the IFSC and is a hive of activity for the software development community and large companies and you’re never far from a MeetUp, conference or tech-driven breakfast morning.
Apply now to become the newest addition to the Blueface Team!