Senior Android Developer
Blueface’s portfolio of business-grade solutions customizable cloud voice unified communications platform is a member of Comcast Business’s portfolio of business-grade solutions. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company with three primary businesses: Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal and Sky. Making Comcast one of the world's largest connectivity and entertainment companies.
Recognised by Gartner in their UCaaS Magic Quadrant, Blueface has built upon superlative voice foundations to develop a feature-rich, easily customised proprietary platform for businesses and carriers of any size. Blueface has global reach with headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and Philadelphia, USA; with additional offices in New York, Hong Kong, Rome, Madrid, and London. As a member of Comcast Business, Blueface’s culture is built on integrity and respect—with the goal of working together to drive ourselves and our businesses to always be creative, innovative, and competitive. At Blueface, we embrace good ideas and bring them to life quickly. We’re forward-looking and restless in looking for new ways to innovate for our customers.
To help us continue to our expedited growth, Blueface are seeking a talented Senior Android Developer to join our Technology team. If your talents match the brief and you can contribute to our innovation-driven, fun-loving, high performance team — apply today!
- Assist & take responsibility for the development and implementation of the overall work plan for the Mobile Framework Development team. Achieve successful delivery of projects, while balancing functionality, quality and schedule.
- Break complex tasks into smaller unit of work and be able to delegate this work to others in a way that plays to the strengths of all team members.
- Work closely with internal teams and strategic vendors to provide and obtain technical and engineering information, adopting a partnership approach to maximize benefit to Blueface.
- Maintain and develop your own experience and knowledge base to ensure highest possible standards.
- Interest in learning technologies outside of the core work requirements in order to gain a better understanding of other system components.
- Be central in training and development of other staff members on both a formal and informal basis.
- Direct others towards the solutions for technical problems in a way that allows them to learn while avoiding just solving the problem for them.
- You will work closely with other members of the Technical and Engineering team to drive the technology innovation of Blueface.
- Create on-going quality control or process documentation in order to meet the requirements of audits and/or assessments
- Develop and document best practice standards within the Mobile Framework Development team
- Provide detailed and regular reports to the Mobile Framework Development Manager
- Involvement in reviewing others’ work, responding to requests of this nature and constructively contributing to the monitoring of high quality work.
Preferred Requirements for Role (if applicable) Ex: (Certifications, industry experience, areas of expertise)
- Android JetPack
- Java proficiency is essential
- Experience using and creating RESTful APIs (JSON & XML)
- Agile Software Development
- Jira suite
- Unit Testing
- Exceptional Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced development schedule
- Ability to work with git
- Experience in ownership of small to medium sized projects.
- 5+ years Professional Development Experience
Location & Perks
Comcast offers its employees a comprehensive and competitive benefits program that delivers value to you and your family while supporting the company’s business objectives.
This includes -
- Private Healthcare Coverage
- Pension Contribution Scheme
- Sky Courtesy Services
- Learning & Professional Development Programs
- Corporate Partnership access
- As well as others...
Blueface HQ is located in the heart of Dublin. As it stands, Blueface is currently fully remote but we will have our new offices opened within North Dock in 2021! This area is served by excellent infrastructure and public transit links and is close to all that Dublin city has to offer.
We are only a few minutes walk from the CHQ— a space teeming with excellent lunch spots — including Foodie, the Natural Bakery, Freshi, The Bake House, Seven Wonders, Il Fiorino and a host of the highest quality coffee shops and grocery stores.
The Liffey is lined with benches for relaxing riverside breaks, there are numerous quality restaurants and hotels in the area and you’ll find Dublin’s spectacular coastline just 10-minutes away. Blueface also provides our staff with WebDoctor, a remote GP-service to keep you in good health.
North Dock is a short walk to the IFSC and is a hive of activity for the software development community and large companies and you’re never far from a MeetUp, conference or tech-driven breakfast morning.
Apply now to become the newest addition to the Blueface Team!
Contract Status: Permanent
Industry: Telecommunications Compensation: NEG, DOE