Telecoms Regulatory Affairs & GDPR Compliance Manager
Blueface’s portfolio of business-grade solutions customizable cloud voice unified communications platform is a member of Comcast Business’s portfolio of business-grade solutions. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company with three primary businesses: Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal and Sky. Making Comcast one of the world's largest connectivity and entertainment companies.
Recognised by Gartner in their UCaaS Magic Quadrant, Blueface has built upon superlative voice foundations to develop a feature-rich, easily customised proprietary platform for businesses and carriers of any size. Blueface has global reach with headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and Philadelphia, USA; with additional offices in New York, Hong Kong, Rome, Madrid, and London. As a member of Comcast Business, Blueface’s culture is built on integrity and respect—with the goal of working together to drive ourselves and our businesses to always be creative, innovative, and competitive. At Blueface, we embrace good ideas and bring them to life quickly. We’re forward-looking and restless in looking for new ways to innovate for our customers.
If your talents match the brief and you can contribute to our innovation-driven, fun-loving, high performance team — apply today!
- Oversee and ensure compliance with Telecoms Regulations across all global jurisdictions where we deploy our services
- Act as liaison between Comcast Business (Parent Company) regulatory affairs team to interpret and ensure adoption of compliance measures required for our services based in the USA.
- Advise and coordinate the development of company views on Telecoms policy matters
- Aid and assist business divisions in submitting regulatory data submissions and registrations
- Support internal business divisions on relevant regulatory aspects of commercial dealings as and when required
- Coordinate and support the business in responding to ComReg consultations on regulated telecommunications markets
- Represent Blueface, A Comcast Business Company at relevant ComReg and industry specific events/meetings
- Support on an ad hoc basis with review of legal documents relevant to the operation of the Executive Management Office.
- Act as the DPO within Blueface, A Comcast Business Company
- Liaise with the legal team for any compliance query related to the telecommunication industry (E-Privacy and ComReg) as well as the GDPR.
- Facilitate training sessions within Blueface, A Comcast Business Company related to Data Protection and any other Regulatory requirements
- Manage issue logs and action plans in response to any audit findings and compliance violations
- Assist with handling of customer related complaints ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory guidelines
- All other duties as directed by the CAO
- BA/MA in Law, Economics, Political Science, or other related discipline
- At least 5 years work experience with a telecoms operator, consultancy,
- European or national Government institution or Regulatory agency in the areas of Carrier regulations, VoIP and OTT telephony service providers
- The candidate will ideally have a recognised data protection qualification and experience in a compliance environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation
- Knowledge of the wider telecoms/ ICT sector
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong written and oral communication skills
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to prioritization of business objectives
- Self-motivated with an ability to work in a small team with limited supervision
- Brings a sense of urgency and careful attention to detail to all projects
- Adaptability and flexibility in a fast-paced work environment;
- Active listening habits
- Ability to collaborate with varied personalities, in a friendly, respectful and professional manner
- Deft inter-personal skills and high social/cultural intelligence
- Proficient computer literacy skills particularly with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The ideal candidate for this position is a highly reliable and focused individual with ambition and a proven track record of operating in a dynamic, demanding & customer centric environment. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who thrives in a role that values the importance of customer experience whilst contributing to a fun and high performing team
Comcast offers its employees a comprehensive and competitive benefits program that delivers value to you and your family while supporting the company’s business objectives.
This includes -
- Private Healthcare Coverage
- Pension Contribution Scheme
- Sky Courtesy Services
- Learning & Professional Development Programs
- Corporate Partnership access
- As well as others...
Blueface HQ is located in the heart of Dublin. As it stands, Blueface is currently fully remote but we will have our new offices opened within North Dock in 2021! This area is served by excellent infrastructure and public transit links and is close to all that Dublin city has to offer.
We are only a few minutes walk from the CHQ— a space teeming with excellent lunch spots — including Foodie, the Natural Bakery, Freshi, The Bake House, Seven Wonders, Il Fiorino and a host of the highest quality coffee shops and grocery stores.
The Liffey is lined with benches for relaxing riverside breaks, there are numerous quality restaurants and hotels in the area and you’ll find Dublin’s spectacular coastline just 10-minutes away.
North Dock is a short walk to the IFSC and is a hive of activity for the software development community and large companies and you’re never far from a MeetUp, conference or tech-driven breakfast morning.
Apply now to become the newest addition to the Blueface Team!
Role Type: Permanent
Industry: Telecommunications Compensation: NEG, DOE