Blueface’s portfolio of business-grade solutions customizable cloud voice unified communications platform is a member of Comcast Business’s portfolio of business-grade solutions. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company with three primary businesses: Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal and Sky. Making Comcast one of the world's largest connectivity and entertainment companies.
Recognised by Gartner in their UCaaS Magic Quadrant, Blueface has built upon superlative voice foundations to develop a feature-rich, easily customised proprietary platform for businesses and carriers of any size. Blueface has global reach with headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and Philadelphia, USA; with additional offices in New York, Hong Kong, Rome, Madrid, and London. As a member of Comcast Business, Blueface’s culture is built on integrity and respect—with the goal of working together to drive ourselves and our businesses to always be creative, innovative, and competitive. At Blueface, we embrace good ideas and bring them to life quickly. We’re forward-looking and restless in looking for new ways to innovate for our customers.
Blueface is seeking an innovative and creative Python Developer with 2-5 years’ experience.
Reporting directly to the CTO, you will join the global, multi-functional Blueface Technology Team and will be instrumental in the full software development life-cycle. This includes, but is not limited to, requirement gathering, design and development through to deployment and post-release.
We are looking for a candidate who is willing to grow alongside our innovative, high-growth company. The role will have scope to evolve based on the candidate’s desire to learn and become involved in other technical fields.
- Develop and test algorithms to solve complex business problems.
- Design and build complex data to support new business initiatives.
- Employ the latest techniques such as Agile Software Development.
- Writing the web services and APIs used by developers and mobile application developers
- Server-side web application logic as well as the integration of front-end part aspects
Education level required for role (if applicable):
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related areas
Preferred Requirements for Role (if applicable)
- Python proficiency is essential
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in English
- Experience with RabbitMQ or another AMQP broker
- Relational database systems. E.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Python web frameworks. eg Flask, Django
- Python object-relational mapping libraries. eg sqlalchemy, storm
- Agile Software Development (tools like Jira, etc)
- Exceptional Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Proven Experience Developing for LINUX
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced development schedule
Blueface are as committed to developing our staff as we our to developing out stack. With this in mind, the ideal candidate will possess:
A proactive, self-motivated personality with a strong commitment to learning.
Aware of the relationship between development and business with a strong sense of ownership
Precise, decisive analytical skills.
An ability to work under pressure and against tight deadlines
Location and Perks
Comcast offers its employees a comprehensive and competitive healthcare benefits program that delivers value to you and your family while supporting the company’s business objectives.
- Private Healthcare Coverage
- Pension Contribution Scheme
- Sky Courtesy Services
- Learning & Professional Development Programs
- Corporate Partnership access
- As well as others...
Blueface HQ is located in the heart of Dublin. As it stands, Blueface is currently fully remote but we will have our new offices opened within North Dock in 2021! This area is served by excellent infrastructure and public transit links and is close to all that Dublin city has to offer.
We are only a few minutes walk from the CHQ— a space teeming with excellent lunch spots — including Foodie, the Natural Bakery, Freshi, The Bake House, Seven Wonders, Il Fiorino and a host of the highest quality coffee shops and grocery stores.
The Liffey is lined with benches for relaxing riverside breaks, there are numerous quality restaurants and hotels in the area and you’ll find Dublin’s spectacular coastline just 10-minutes away.
North Dock is a short walk to the IFSC and is a hive of activity for the software development community and large companies and you’re never far from a MeetUp, conference or tech-driven breakfast morning.
Apply now to become the newest addition to the Blueface Team!
Compensation: NEG, DOE