Reporting to: Manager Central & Eastern Europe, Bord Bia Warsaw
Job Purpose: To assist the Bord Bia C&E Europe Manager in the development, implementation and measurement of Bord Bia’s Route to Market services, to deliver sustainable business lead conversions for Irish food and drink exporters in the sectors of strategic priority in Central & Eastern Europe. (Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Slovenia, Slovakia)
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Key Organisational Relationships
Manager Bord Bia Central & Eastern Europe, International Markets Manager, Director of Markets, Food & Beverage Sector Managers, Global Key Account Manager, Talent Development Manager, Director Strategic Planning Food & Beverage, Origin Green, Strategic Insights team and the Marketing and Communications team.
Key External Relationships
Client food & drink companies, key local importers, distributors and customers, industry representative bodies, third party agencies and consultants, local trade media and key opinion leaders
- To contribute to the development and annual review of Bord Bia’s strategy implementation plan in C&E Europe
- To deliver Route to Market client services that are instrumental in the growth of Irish food and drink exports to C&E Europe, in the key sectors defined in the local market strategy implementation plan, in line with the new Route to Markets and Plan to Grow structure.
- To proactively build a network of C&E Europe trade contacts in priority sectors across all channels and in various roles (notably buyers, innovation & marketing teams, CSR teams) within identified key accounts to increase the awareness of Ireland’s sustainable food and drink supply base and build the reputation of the Irish food industry with key buyers, importers and other stakeholders in the region.
- To localise and implement effective communication tools in line with the new Bord Bia marketing way to ensure optimum reach for Bord Bia’s trade messaging on industry capabilities and our unique sustainability credentials, and Bord Bia’s consumer messaging on our unique product attributes/production USPs in relevant priority sectors via local PR and trade/consumer media buying.
- To become a regional market insights expert, collating and disseminating relevant and timely market and sector information, to partner client companies and to share knowledge with colleagues in line with the best practice set out by Bord Bia’s Consumer Insight Centre- The Thinking House.
- Contribute to the development of Irish food and drink client companies’ local commercial marketing strategies in partnership with the sectors and insights teams.
- Help clients implement their plans, through building and managing relationships with the right internal & external stakeholders, whether it be sales teams, agency partners, buyers, merchandisers, distributors or media, as well as measuring their impact in order to correct & optimise them where needed.
- Based on the client segmentation model, assist Irish food and drink clients turn their commercial marketing strategies into effective local implementation & activation plans.
- Set the standard for how clients should engage with their key accounts in C&E Europe, actively fostering stronger commercially focused relationships between clients and the trade through peer-to-peer key account management, mentoring and wider networking events, including local trade fairs and inward buyer visits.
- Become an expert in regional market insights in priority channels and sectors by attending local industry conference, reading and analysing local industry trade journals, research and reports; and disseminating this information in line with the Thinking House best practice to grow categories exponentially in partnership with the Irish food and drink industry.
- Actively encourage Irish food and drink exporters to consider business opportunities in C&E Europe by organising market study visits to the region and managing the implementation of Bord Bia Marketing Fellowship assignments where relevant.
- Proactively identify, meet and establish relationships with existing C&E European customers for Irish food and drink products in priority sectors as well as seeking to grow the office’s network of key trade influencers (including media), channel partners and decision makers.
- Develop a panel of local trade experts who can act as business accelerators and mentors to support the C&E Europe team on specific Route to Market projects.
- Seek out speaking opportunities for Bord Bia to present Origin Green and position Ireland’s unique sustainability credentials at key industry seminars and forums in C&E Europe and actively engage and participate in sustainability debates with key opinion leaders in the market.
- Provide input into various internal and departmental reporting mechanisms: Monthly activity reports, market profiles and annual reports. Draft annual plans for the region and budget accordingly.
- Propose and implement multiannual plans in line with job description, strategic objectives, market growth priorities and allocated resources.
- Degree level qualification in relevant discipline, e.g. Business, Marketing
- Specialisation in international marketing an advantage
- Membership of relevant professional bodies e.g. Marketing Institute of Ireland or other appropriate is advantageous
- 3 + years’ experience operating in an export marketing, sales or business development role in Ireland, Britain or international markets
- Experience building and distilling market insights
- Successful implementation of high profile marketing events or projects
- Knowledge of the Irish Food, Drink and Horticulture sector
- Proven record of working independently in an export market
- Proven experience of building credible professional relationships with suppliers, trade customers, media, diplomats and politicians both in Ireland and the Marketplace
- Proven experience operating professionally in different cultures
- Strong results driven KPI culture; budget management experience
- Fluent English
- 2nd relevant language highly advantageous
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong verbal and report writing ability
- Highly tuned influencing and negotiating skills adapted to the local culture
- Proven organisational skills and practical application of project management tools and techniques.
- Proficient business use of the full Microsoft 2013 suite, social and Word Press content management tools and Google Analytics and social media online monitoring tools.