Job Title: HR, Learning and Development Manager
Reporting to: Human Resources Director
Salary & Grade: Grade 4 with a starting salary of €66,928. The Scale for this Grade is €66,928 - €83,812. New Entrants to the Public Sector commence on the first point of the Scale.
*Closing date for applications is Friday the 14th of December*
Job Purpose: To manage and implement the organisations HR Strategy as per best practice in the areas of capability and talent development, competency embedding, talent acquisition and resource planning, being aligned to and delivering the organisations mission and key strategic priorities.
Key Organisational Relationship
CEO, HR Director, Senior Leadership Team, Industry Talent and HR Team Members, Financial Controller, Finance Manager, Overseas Office Managers and all Managers.
Key External Relationships
Department of Agriculture and Food and Marine, Semi/Agency HR Managers, Talent Acquisition Service Providers, Training and Development Providers and Educational Institutions.
- Implement the organisation’s Capability and Talent Development Strategy to ensure its people develop as outlined in the Bord Bia competency framework and are skilled to deliver on the organisations key priorities as per the organisation’s strategy.
- Develop and implement a robust best practice training evaluation process with metrics to measure and ensure delivery of the organisations KPI’s for capability and talent development and RoI.
- Train all staff on the Performance Management and Development System to ensure the system is implemented consistently and delivers on the organisations commitment to people development.
- Develop and implement a structured human resource planning system for the organisation which identifies resource needs and re-allocates resources to priority sections/markets. Where additional resources are required, liaises with the section heads seeking justification to progress to CE level for DAFM request within the DAFM manpower planning cycle/framework.
- Manage talent acquisition for all Ireland based roles as per the sanctioned Human Resources Plan ensuring full resourcing compliment optimised and retain best talent.
- Manage the salaries process for the organisation implementing the instruction to Finance of annual/monthly changes to Salaries Ireland and overseas (Expatriate and Local National) ensuring guidelines are adhered to and appropriate approvals in place.
- Develop and implement programmes to ensure the integration and embedding of the Bord Bia competency framework.
- Tender, design and roll out specific management development programmes and bespoke functional competency programmes per section and cross sectional to accomplish the organisations priorities. Tracking budgets and contract delivery.
- Annually develop a calendar of available generic competency development training across the year, manage individual training requests and scheduling.
- Annually conduction a TNA which is insight and future led, reflects strategic requirements is in line with the Insight-led and Budget Planning process and identifies the capability gap. Continually review and update the overall Capability Development strategy to ensure it remains relevant. This update should be carried out at strategic, departmental/functional and individual level where required a priority.
- Develop, communicate and embed a training evaluation process with SLT and managers across the organisation and manage the collation of information to report on the delivery of KPI’s set.
- Ensure all managers are trained on the implementation of the PM&D system and help managers develop their team members through career paths. Assess the success of development plans and help employees to take ownership and make the most of learning opportunities.
- Implement various learning methods eg coaching, job-shadowing, online training through the library articles, tedtalks, podcasts and bespoke (behavioural, functional or generic) competency development programmes.
- Design and implement an annual resource planning exercise and liase with SLT and Managers in respect of justification information and any resource approvals. Compile all necessary information for the manpower planning report and submissions to the DAFM when requesting additional human resources.
- Manage the monthly headcount and grade reporting to CE and HR Director and compile information for DAFM headcount, salary and pensions reporting.
- Manage the recruitment process and contract issue for all Ireland staff from job approval through to completion of on boarding and hand over to Department Manager. Liaise with the DAFM for approval.
- Prepare annual incremental and long service incremental awards ready for review by HR Director and sign of by CE for Irish based staff. Once approved communicate for action to Finance Manager, Financial Controller along with annual pension contribution processing and administration.
- Carry out all ongoing salary adjustments for all staff (Ireland and Overseas) ensuring appropriate sign off is obtained and communicate them for action on a monthly basis to the Finance Manager and Financial Controller. This includes new starters, leavers, lateral transfers, promotions, all types of paid/unpaid leave and awards under National Pay Agreements.
- Manage all pensions in operation, continuously review and ensure up to date explanatory information is available to staff. Develop HR pension procedures to ensure efficiency and maintain accurate pension records system for all schemes.
- Manager administration of schemes, resolve any staff pension queries, carry out adjustments to pensioners and communicate changes to them.
- Deal with IR related matters which are raised through SIPTU or Impact, thoroughly investigate the query and ensure it is resolved.
- Compliance with WTA legislation Flexible Working Arrangements