Job Title: Manager, Germany, Switzerland and Austria
Reporting to: Established Markets Manager
Job Purpose: Maximise the return from the German, Swiss and Austrian markets for the Irish food and drink industry through the effective implementation of Bord Bia strategy and the delivery of results-driven services
Key Organisational Relationships
Bord Bia Germany Team, Europe & US Manager, Director of Markets, CEO, Meat, Food and Beverage Director, Strategic Insight & Planning, Talent Director, Overseas Office Team
Key External Relationships
Irish client companies, DACH Region customers, marketing, research & consultancy agencies, trade and consumer media, DACH region meat representative bodies, national marketing bodies, Irish Embassy, Irish representative bodies in DACH region
- Lead the development and implementation of strategic plans for the DACH region.
- Ensure the DACH region market input is reflected in the Bord Bia strategic planning cycle and implementation.
- Have an effective network of DACH customers, prospects, media and influencers.
- Motivate and manage a high performing team in the Dusseldorf office which delivers effectively and efficiently for Bord Bia strategic priorities.
- Lead the delivery of Bord Bia’s client services in the DACH region and direct clients to other appropriate Bord Bia services to promote growth in client companies.
- Effectively position Ireland as a sustainable source of quality food and beverage products to the DACH trade and to the wider consumer audience for specific sectors.
- In partnership with Sectoral Heads and their teams; lead the Marketing Strategy team in the development of annual plans to meet the KPIs for the DACH region.
- Oversee the effective implementation of all sector strategies relevant to each DACH region
- Evaluate annual plans against agreed KPIs.
- Develop a portfolio of services which meet the capability development, insight and intelligence and lead generation and market activation needs of clients and which deliver value for money with expenditures
- Manage Bord Bia’s PR programme in the DACH region and the agency, to optimise awareness and credentials of Irish supply base amongst key DACH region customers, food writers and opinion formers
- Manage the Düsseldorf office budgets to ensure procurement policy compliance, value for money and on-target outturn at end of the year.
- Create an insights led focus in the Dusseldorf office; ensuring best practice analysis of market insights and appropriate dissemination and sharing of local market insights.
- Through overseas office meetings and other appropriate media, ensure that the priorities and activities of the Düsseldorf office are aligned to those of the broader organisation
- Ensure that the inputs required from the Düsseldorf office are conveyed to the appropriate Dublin departments on time
- Lead senior level customer engagement programmes with key DACH region customers across all channels with an effective rollout plan
- Ensure that the PDP & PGP process is effectively embedded in the Düsseldorf office underpinned by organisational and functional competencies and behaviours
- Periodically review and revise job descriptions to ensure on-going relevancy and accuracy
- Develop annual training and development plans taking account of team and individual requirements
- Management of extended Bord Bia team, including Bord Bia talent academy programme placements in the DACH region.
- Minimum Degree level qualification in relevant discipline e.g. Business and Marketing specialisation
- Membership of relevant professional bodies in marketing or business
- Proven management experience of operating in European markets, ideally in the DACH region.
- Experience of identifying and effectively managing staff.
- An understanding of best practice marketing at an international level.
- Experience developing and implementing marketing strategy
- Large budget and project management experience
- Sector relevant marketing experience, ideally meat, dairy and/or beverages.
- Very good command of German & English would be advantageous
- Leadership; ability to bring colleagues towards agreed targets.
- Ability to work and interact effectively at senior management level.
- Analytical skills to assess and advise on commercial market opportunities.
- An appreciation of the distribution solutions for long distance transport.
- Competence to prioritise and maximise the use of scarce resources.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing/ negotiation and collaborating skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be credible and comfortable in a representational role.
- Skilled at operating at a professional level in diverse international cultures.
- Possesses energy and drive to achieve superior standards
- Diplomatic and tactful, with awareness of diverse cultural backgrounds
- A strategic and analytical thinker with long term business perspective
- A progressive and proactive person who is innovative in pursuing challenges