Job Title: Sector Manager Dairy Ingredients
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Dairy
Salary & Grade: Grade 4 with a starting salary of €66,928. The Scale for this Grade is €66,928 - €83,812. New Entrants to the Public Sector commence on the first point of the Scale.
Job Purpose: To lead and manage the implementation of Bord Bia’s Dairy ingredients plans and to provide the organisations dairy market intelligence and insight.
Key Organisational Relationships: Senior Manager International Dairy, Senior Manager Dairy, Director Meat, Food & Beverages, Strategic Insights & Planning team, Overseas Offices Managers & Market Specialists, Origin Green Team, Communications Department and Finance Department
Key External Relationships: Irish Dairy Client Companies, Dairy Industry Associations, International Dairy Analysts, Customers, Competitors, Department of Agriculture, Food & Marine, Teagasc, and Enterprise Ireland.
1. Ensure that the Bord Bia Dairy strategy and annual plans with regard to ingredients/powders are sufficiently ambitious and have the support of key dairy clients and stakeholders.
2. Secure and maintain the confidence of key dairy ingredient client executives and dairy stakeholders.
3. Develop sector overviews for the dairy ingredients sector; including profiles for the main players and forecasts for growth.
4. Identify and justify the priority markets for dairy ingredients in line with strategy.
5. Manage relevant trade market research by the insights team and external agencies in key markets, in line with dairy strategy.
6. Highlight significant trade risks and reputation risks for Irish dairy ingredients and powders.
1. Implement the dairy strategy for dairy ingredients and powders.
2. In consultation with the dairy team; devise and implement the annual sectoral plans.
3. Meet with key relevant executives in client companies quarterly to identify individual and sectoral requirements.
4. Devise and implement individual client plans on a yearly basis.
5. Recruit sector clients for relevant Bord Bia services, programmes, trade fairs, events etc.
6. Build overall sectoral and individual client knowledge to respond to client needs.
7. Feed into the sectoral overviews and the revision of strategy.
8. Find, develop and keep current key contacts in client companies both in Ireland and representatives abroad.
9. Maintain monthly contact with key contacts to feed into both sectoral and client plans.
10. Respond to the developing / changing plans by individual client companies in key markets
11. Build sectoral knowledge of individual key targets and potential markets for dairy ingredients
12. Read and familiarise oneself with 3 party & internal Bord Bia publications,
13. Conduct market visits, trade show visits and engage with on the ground experts
14. Target, organise and deliver inward buyer visits in conjunction with overseas offices
15. Design and manage relevant consumer or trade research in response to a sectoral need or for individual client plans with the insights team and/or external agencies.
16. Identify new areas for industry attention based on consumer trends, market opportunity, market research etc.
17. Achieve relevant media coverage in national, trade, sector and online through submitting editorial and advertorial pieces.
18. Speak and represent Bord Bia at relevant conferences/trade shows
19. With the overseas offices; target, organise and deliver inward journalist or government official visits.
20. Work with the sector manager of dairy fats and identify mutually beneficial projects.
- Degree level qualification in relevant discipline e.g. Agriculture, Dairy Science, Business and Marketing specialisation
- Membership of relevant professional bodies e.g. Agricultural Science Association, Irish Dairy Network, Marketing Institute of Ireland or other appropriate
· 5 years’ experience in the dairy sector
· Good knowledge of dairy ingredient products and their applications
· Good knowledge and overall understanding of Irish agriculture and food sector
· Experience of trade or consumer research either in Ireland or overseas
· Experience in dealing with large national or multinational organisations
- Deep ability to diagnose the root causes of issues and challenges facing Bord Bia
- Generates a sense of ownership of the activity/ solution across the leadership team
- Influential without line authority
- Excellent written (report writing) and verbal communication skills
- High ability with computerised systems
- Collaborative; operating to the highest professional standards
- Highly effective interpersonal, relationship building, and collaborating skills.
- Excellent project management, planning and presentation skills
- Ability to function in an advisory capacity
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and proactively challenges
- Ability to manage internal and external relationships/stakeholders and deal with sensitive issues in the appropriate manner
- Respected, confident, credible possessing good judgement
- Progressive individual, both strategic and commercially focused
- Possesses the drive to achieve superior standards and is target driven
- A strong interest in new challenges, networking and continually up-grading their own knowledge base
- Flexible/ adaptable