Job Title: Manager, Italy, Malta, Greece and Cyrus (for convenience referred to as Med. regions)
Reporting to: Established Markets Manager
Job Purpose: Maximise the returns from the Italian, Maltese, Geek and Cypriot markets for the Irish food and drink industry through the effective implementation of Bord Bia strategy and the delivery of results-driven services
Key Organisational Relationships
Bord Bia Italy Team, Europe & US Manager, Director of Markets, CEO, Meat, Food and Beverage Director, Strategic Insight & Planning, Talent Director, Overseas Office Team
Key External Relationships
Irish client companies, Med. region customers, marketing, research & consultancy agencies, trade and consumer media, meat representative bodies, national marketing bodies, Irish Embassies and Irish representative bodies.
- Lead the development and implementation strategic plans for the Med. region.
- Ensure Med. region market input is reflected in Bord Bia strategic planning cycle and implementation.
- Have an effective network of Med. customers, prospects, media and influencers.
- Motivate and manage a high performing team in the Milan office which delivers effectively and efficiently against the Bord Bia strategic priorities..
- Lead the delivery of Bord Bia’s client services in the Med. region and direct clients to other appropriate Bord Bia services to promote growth in client companies.
- Effectively position Ireland as a sustainable source of quality food and beverage products to the Med. trade and to the wider consumer audience for specific sectors.
- In partnership with Sectoral Heads and their teams, lead the Marketing Strategy team in the development of annual plans to meet the KPIs for the Med. region.
- Oversee the effective implementation of all sector strategies relevant to each Med. region
- Evaluate annual plans against agreed KPIs.
- Develop a portfolio of services which meet the capability development, insight and intelligence and lead generation and market activation needs of clients and which deliver value for money with expenditures
- Manage Bord Bia’s PR programme in the Italy and the agency, to optimise awareness and credentials of Irish supply base amongst key customers, food writers and opinion formers
- Manage Bord Bia’s Marketing programme in Italy and the agency, to grow customers and consumers awareness and preference for Irish beef and lamb.
- Manage the Milan office budgets to ensure procurement policy compliance, value for money and on-target outturn at end of year.
- Create an insights led focus in the Milan office, ensuring best practice analysis of market insights and appropriate dissemination and sharing of local market insights.
- Through overseas office meetings and other appropriate media ensure that the priorities and activities of the Milan office are aligned to those of the broader organisation
- Ensure that the inputs required from the Milan office are conveyed to the appropriate Dublin departments on time
- Lead senior level customer engagement programme with key Milan region customers across all channels with an effective rollout plan
- Ensure that the PDP & PGP process is effectively embedded in the Milan office underpinned by organisational and functional competencies and behaviours.
- Periodically review and revise job descriptions to ensure on-going relevance and accuracy
- Develop annual training and development plans taking account of team and individual requirement
- Management of extended Bord Bia team, including Bord Bia talent academy programme placements in the Med region.
- Minimum Degree level qualification in relevant discipline e.g. Business and Marketing specialisation
- Membership of relevant professional bodies in marketing or business
- Minimum of 5 years’ proven management experience operating in European markets, ideally in Italy.
- Experience of identifying and effectively managing staff.
- An understanding of best practice marketing at international level.
- Experience developing and implementing marketing strategy
- Large budget and project management experience
- Sector relevant marketing experience, ideally meat, seafood and/or livestock.
- Very good command of Italian & English would be advantageous
- Leadership; ability to bring colleagues towards agreed targets.
- Ability to work and interact effectively at senior management level.
- Analytical skills to assess and advise on commercial market opportunities.
- An appreciation of the distribution solutions for long distance transport.
- Competence to prioritise and maximise the use of scarce resources.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing/ negotiation and collaborating skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be credible and comfortable in a representational role.
- Skilled at operating at a professional level in diverse international cultures.
- Possesses energy and drive to achieve superior standards
- Diplomatic and tactful, with awareness of diverse cultural backgrounds
- A strategic and analytical thinker with long term business perspective
- A progressive and proactive person who is innovative in pursuing challenges