Job Title: Receptionist- Job Share (Thursday to Wednesday inclusive on a rolling basis)
Reporting to: Corporate Services Manager
Salary & Grade: Grade 7 with a starting salary of €23,175. The Scale for this Grade is €23,175 - €39,080. The salary scale is €23,175 to €37,173 per annum, rising by Long Service Increments to €38,477 LSI 1 (payable after three years satisfactory performance at the maximum of the scale) and €39,080 LSI 2 (payable after three years satisfactory performance at LSI 1). New Entrants to the Public Sector enter on the first spinepoint of the scale.
Job Purpose: To ensure an efficient and professional service is provided to all visitors and personnel who contact Bord Bia either in person or over the phone. To act as an ambassador for the Bord Bia organisation and to ensure best practice across all receptionist duties. This includes manning the front of house reception area of the Bord Bia offices, operating the switchboard, greeting visitors, managing courier deliveries, room bookings, and booking taxis.
Key Organisational Relationships:
All Bord Bia staff
Key External Relationships:
Visitors, client companies, service providers and all external personnel/members of the public who contact Bord Bia.
1. Providing a prompt, friendly, courteous and efficient service when carrying out all duties
2. Being aware of current and upcoming events being held at Bord Bia’s office and ensure proactivity in managing these
3. Keeping up to date with staff availability to ensure queries are directed appropriately
4. Managing all aspects of meeting room bookings
5. Managing email and phone queries
6. Ensuring timely turnaround on all queries both internal and external
1. Answer the phone in a professional manner which includes promptly transferring calls to the relevant persons.
2. Ensure reception is manned at all times, greeting visitors on arrival at reception. Contact the relevant person to advise that the visitor has arrived and ensure that the visitor receives a visitor’s badge.
3. Book taxis and couriers as required ensuring staff are advised of courier deliveries and taxi arrivals.
4. Ensure that incoming post reaches the relevant individual or department.
5. Listen to and circulate voicemail messages which have been left on the answering machine.
6. Provide cover for alternate receptionist during holidays and planned absences.
7. Reconcile the courier and taxi invoices on a weekly basis.
8. Ensure the Fire Door is opened first thing every morning and closed at 5.30 p.m. in the evening.
9. Circulate internal communications, also advise of support personnel onsite, locating visitors etc.
10. Management and coordination of room bookings to include liaising with Bord Bia staff to ensure rooms are set up in advance and cleared after all meetings.
1. Train in work placements, students and temporary staff for occasional cover at reception.
2. Stay up to date on Bord Bia projects and initiatives.
3. Ensure visiting maintenance contractors complete safe system of work forms.
4. Ensure information screens at reception are kept up to date and relevant.
5. Maintain and oversee the daily usage of meeting rooms.
6. Maintain a clean and tidy reception area.
7. Car parking allocation
8. Receive incoming deliveries and notify the appropriate recipient
9. Alarm bell testing on a regular basis
10. Availability to cover reception for functions and events
This is a job share role on a rotational basis.