Job Title: Insight & Planning Specialist, GB
Reporting to: Head of Strategic Insight & Planning
Job Purpose: As part of the SI&P Division, this role will be responsible for implementing and proactively managing insight programmes for the GB market, while acting as an insight expert to drive value for Bord Bia’s clients and build relationships with key customers. Deliver actionable insight that has the power to drive brand growth and foster innovation.
Key Organisational Relationships:
SI&P, London Office team, RTM teams, Origin Green team, Directors
Key External Relationships:
Consumer and market research agencies, trends and foresight agencies, innovation specialists, client companies, customers and State Agencies
- Distil and embed trends, market and consumer knowledge into simple, clear actionable implications for client companies and key customers.
- Nurture and build relationships with SI&P team and the oversea office teams to create a consistent approach to the dissemination of market insights across the organisation.
- Partner with companies on market insight, particularly Kantar and Nielsen, to disseminate findings and embed learnings within client companies.
- Deliver syndicated service around Kantar and other panel data at retail level to participating companies and embed the learnings to help them grow their business.
- Assist with publicising and sharing Bord Bia’s insight, trends, branding and innovation programmes amongst the client base to further extend take up and usage.
- Deliver insight programme elements to individual client companies and key customers, embed the learnings and help the client absorb and act on the findings from trends and insight projects.
- Develop and maintain accurate market insight presentations for the London office.
- Assist clients in the usage of branding and innovation tools developed by Bord Bia, specifically the Bord Bia Workbooks and macro consumer insight studies.
- Identify and leverage market data sources to facilitate and support strategic market development activities for Bord Bia and its client companies.
- Constantly review the appropriateness of secondary sources in accurately delivering insights.
- Develop content for London office insight reports in collaboration with Market Manager.
- Represent Bord Bia at assigned fora and make presentations on behalf of the SI&P Division and London office.
- Develop and successful delivery of consumer and market insight and trends projects on time and within budget.
- Degree level qualification in relevant discipline e.g. Marketing.
- 3+ years’ experience in market research and consumer insight
- Understanding and knowledge of the Irish consumer food, drinks and horticulture sector
- Adept at all types of consumer research and consumer panel data
- Experience in facilitating ideation and creative workshops
- Relationship development experience with colleagues, senior executives, suppliers, senior marketing teams
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to influence client companies and colleagues
- Ability to professionally represent and negotiate on behalf of Bord Bia
- Strong project planning and management skills with the ability to coordinate resources and deliver results proactively with limited supervision
- Supplier management skills