Job Title: Finance Business Partnering Manager
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Grade: Grade 4 with a starting salary of €68,099 per annum. The scale for this Grade is €68,099– €85,279. New Entrants to the Public Sector commence on the first point of the scale
Job Purpose: To provide proactive planning, analysis and decision support for the business to budget holders and managers. To ensure all managers have sufficient and up-to-date financial information to support their decision making processes.
Key Organisational Relationships
Financial Controller, Accounts Manager, Finance Department, HR Department, SLT Group members, EU Program Managers & Administrators and Budget Holders.
Key External Relationships
Department of Agriculture, Food, and the Marine, Controller & Auditor General, Internal audit, Tax consultants.
- Assist the Financial Controller in the development and production of management reporting and information.
- Co-ordinate the financial aspects of the annual budgetary process and forecasting, and subsequent budget variance analysis and commentary.
- Conduct project evaluations and value for money reviews.
- Support the development and implementation of major financial and business strategies.
- Oversee the management of financial recording for EU Promotional programmes awarded to Bord Bia, so that all programmes are audit ready.
- Build and maintain a robust annual financial planning model for Bloom.
- The Finance Business Partnering Manager will provide support to budget holders through the provision of appropriate and accurate financial information and analysis. This will require the development of a good understanding of Bord Bia’s Business Intelligence platform which is used for the provision of financial data to budget holders and for the management of budgets.
- To collectively manage the forecast position for the combination of all projects and to provide the financial controller with up-to-date forecast information on all projects. This will assist with ensuring that Bord Bia is achieving a balanced budget through forecasting budget spend and identifying potential areas where a deficit/surplus may occur.
- To manage the future direction of the Business Intelligence platform and to provide further services to the organisation through the addition of enhancements to the platform.
- Pro-actively assist in controlling the budget spend through regular interaction with the budget holders and managers.
- Devise strategies to assist with budget control and ensure that these strategies are in-line with the Organisation’s requirement.
- Pro-actively co-ordinate financial aspects of the annual budgetary process, forecasting and planning process.
- Critically evaluate budget variances on a timely basis and produce analysis and commentary for the Financial Controller and the SLT.
- Evaluate financial aspects of projects and produce a summary of findings.
- Conduct value for money reviews and identify areas for improving cost effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Work with the Financial Controller to develop and implement financial and business strategies.
- Liaise with the Accounts Manager and other Finance Team members to ensure knowledge sharing and knowledge flow in the Department.
- Direct EU programme administrators on the management of records for EU promotional programmes.
- Assist EU programme managers in the development of budgets for EU programme applications.
- Develop and continually improve annually the financial planning model for Bloom.
- Work with the Bloom Manager to reduce the financial risks associated with Bloom.
· ACCA, CIMA, CPA or ACA Qualified
· 4+ years work experience at executive level in Finance
· At least 4 years PQE
· Previous experience of financial and trend analysis
· Experience of forecasting and analysing budgets
· Understanding of financial processes and procedures
· Strategic thinker with strong problem solving skills and a proven ability to assess and evaluate financial information
· Proven influencing skills with an ability to provide strong business counsel to senior management
· Proactive exhibit continuous improvement mindset and have an ability to affect change
· Possess excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to develop strong working relationships with non-finance managers
· Engages customers and stakeholders and demonstrates knowledge and awareness of their needs and expectations
· Prepares and communicates objective, concise, comprehensive and accurate information
· Possesses strong conflict management and people management skills
· Actions reflect a high degree of integrity and ethics
· Strong excel, reporting and budgeting systems experience
· Team player with a proven ability to work as a member of a high-performance team, such as a finance department.
· Has the ability to communicate financial information to a non-financial audience
· Very organised individual who can prioritise workload and work on a number of tasks at any given time
· Makes good decisions while fully assessing the potential impact of the decisions
· Drives for results while maintaining high standards of performance
Closing Date: Friday the 20th of December