Job Title: Insight & Planning Specialist
Reporting to: Head of Strategic Insight & Planning (S&IP)
Job Purpose: This role will be responsible for leading, developing, implementing and proactively managing consumer, customer and sustainability insight to support Bord Bia’s consumer insight team and overseas offices.
Key Organisational Relationships: S&IP, Sectors Team, Overseas Offices, Origin Green Team
Key External Relationships: Marketing Services Agencies, Client companies, DAFM
The role will sit in the Strategic Insight & Planning team and will be a dedicated resource for the Consumer Insight team with a focus on international export markets. The vision for this role is to see greater collaboration between Insights & overseas teams and foster a culture of synergistic consumer / customer centric brand development and communications.
This insight and planning specialist will be a skilled primary relationship-builder with deep credentials. With a keen focus on “who” we’re talking to and “what” we’re saying, this role will lead the efforts to listen, understand and anticipate consumer and customer needs in key export markets. Figuring out who the growth target is and what messages would be most relevant to the consumer/customer will be at the forefront of these efforts.
· Promoting and driving best in class planning & brand experience
· Champions the consumer as central to all interactions with an insight and brand led perspective.
· Creating and leading on-going learning and optimisations for best-in-class insight generation in order to deliver on Bord Bia’s corporate branding objectives.
· Create, manage & design overall research program to ensure all customer insight is relevant, actionable, within budget and in line with business strategy.
- Work with the Head of Strategic Insight and Planning to proactively identify the strategic insights requirement for Bord Bia’s overseas offices
- Compile and implement research plans to enable our brands and sectors commercial growth in export markets
- Develop B2B Trade customer personas across key sectors, key markets and key customer types
- Develop B2C consumer insights across key markets (in conjunction with other members of the SI&P Division)
- Develop insights to inform the strategy in a competitive context (International companies, international brands, country strategies.)
- Prepare brand insights documents focusing on key learnings for brands and sectors
- Support the Head of Strategic Insight & Planning in conducting primary research in market as required
- Manage research agency partnerships in key markets as required
- Commercially driven expertise in consumer and customer insights
- Experience in Market Research, Consumer and Customer(B2B) insight planning across markets ideally as a research practitioner
- In-depth knowledge of qual and quant methodologies
- Notable competencies: passion for growth and creativity (breakthrough thinking)
- Strong ability to understand behaviours and responses from consumers and customers of different countries and cultures
- Easily coordinates, implements and analyses results from global research projects
- Proven track record in successfully influencing and shaping the execution of branding and marketing communications campaigns domestically and internationally
- A professional with strong relationship building capabilities: ability to communicate across functions, sectors and markets and to develop effective and sustainable partnerships with external stakeholders.
- As a qualitative researcher be responsible for writing research brief, recruitment specification, liaising with external agencies, and conducting all varieties of qualitative research including discussion groups, focus groups, in depth interviews, accompanied shops, ethnography and others
- To deliver branding and consumer innovation programme elements to individual client companies, specifically to project manage individual company cases from taking the original brief from the client company, through delivering appropriate research up to and including helping the client absorb and act on the findings from the project.
- To assist clients in the usage of branding and innovation tools developed by Bord Bia, specifically the Bord Bia Workbooks and macro consumer insight studies.
- To develop and facilitate creative workshops with client companies for ideation, concept development and innovation commercialisation.
- To assist with publicising and sharing Bord Bia’s branding and innovation services amongst the client base to further extend take up and usage.
- Ideally have previous experience of working in a research or information environment
- Previous experience of preparing presentations including the use of different styles, graphics etc
- Degree level qualification in relevant discipline e.g. Marketing
- Confident and self-reliant person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can professionally represent Bord Bia both personally and in written form
- Self-discipline and organisational skills which involve the ability to prioritise and balance several tasks at any one time
- Ability to prioritise workload and work towards tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a team
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel and PowerPoint) and comfort with computers generally