Job Title: Market Specialist France, Belgium and Luxembourg
Reporting to: Manager Paris Office
Job Purpose: To assist in the development and implementation of Bord Bia’s strategy for PCF; Dairy & Beverage products (excluding seafood) in France, Belgium and Luxembourg.
Key Organisational Relationships: Dublin F&B Team, Overseas MSs, the Strategic Insight & Planning team and the Marketing & Events team
Key External Relationships: Partner F&B client companies, Key French & Belgian buyers and distributors, French & Belgian consultants and research agencies, PR agency, French & Belgian trade and consumer media, Embassies, market based state agencies.
- To provide relevant and timely market and sector insights, both in a proactive and a reactive manner, to Irish F&B companies and to share knowledge with colleagues.
- To identify new opportunities and routes to market for F&B client companies on the French, Belgian and Luxembourgian markets.
- To communicate information on sector capabilities and specific client companies both pro-actively and reactively to French and Belgian buyers and medias.
- To facilitate buyer contact and to achieve KPIs set for leads per annum under Bord Bia Lead Generation Programme. To recruit buyers to attend meetings at trade-fairs in markets and events in Ireland (e.g Marketplace International, Global Sustainability Conferences). To optimise networking opportunities for established players and new entrants on the French, Belgian and Luxembourgian markets.
- To maximise PR opportunities, generically for Food Brand Ireland including for “Origin Green”, and also specifically for relevant sectors.
- To maximise the ROI of Bord Bia’s participation in market-based trade fairs linked to this role, and put emphasis on Food Brand Ireland proof points including Origin Green at these trade-shows.
- To propose innovative client services as part of the annual planning process.
- To train and manage one Global Grad and 2 to 3 fellows (on the F&B related projects) every 24 months
- To keep abreast of market trends in specific sectors and channels, as well as economic, social and political trends; NPD and nutritional trends, legal issues concerning packaging and labelling and communicate them to client companies through Food Alert articles.
- To provide customised services to client companies, including category analysis, distributor search, lead generation, buyer appointments, adhoc research projects, buyer and distributor profiles and logistic solutions depending on their classification.
- To identify local “experts” to outsource adhoc information projects, publish reports, speak at seminars and mentor new market entrants.
- To organise and coordinate market study visits to France and Belgium.
- To develop new and existing relationships with key distributors and buyers in France, Belgium and Luxembourg.
- To keep abreast of buyer changes, mergers and acquisitions of target buying groups and distributors, in order to keep Salesforce up to date.
- To recruit French and Belgian buyers and journalists for market and Ireland based corporate events.
- To respond to journalist queries and organise interviews.
- To organise P.R and business led events. Duties include: find site/location, canvass clients/buyers, and turnkey solutions including business leads.
- To provide input into various internal and departmental reporting mechanisms: Monthly operation reports, briefing notes and annual reports.
- To propose and implement plans in line with job description, strategic objectives and allocated resources.
- Degree level qualification in relevant discipline, e.g. Business, Marketing
- Specialisation in international marketing an advantage
- 3 + years’ experience operating in an export marketing, sales or business development role in the French or European market.
- Experience building and distilling market insights
- Successful implementation of high profile marketing events or projects
- Knowledge of the Irish Food, Drink and Horticulture sector
- Proven record of working independently in an export market
- Proven experience of building credible professional relationships with suppliers, trade customers, media and diplomats in the Marketplace
- Proven experience operating professionally in different cultures
- Strong results driven KPI culture; budget management experience
- Fluent written and spoken French & English
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong verbal and report writing ability in English and French
- Highly tuned influencing and negotiating skills adapted to the local culture
- Proven organisational skills and practical application of project management tools and techniques.
- Proficient business use of the full Microsoft 2013 suite. Experience in managing social media.