Job Title: Marketing Executive - EU Co-Financed Projects
Reporting to: Programme Director
Job Purpose: Manage the Chinese implementation of the Information & Promotion Campaign for European Pork & Poultry in China and Mexico.
Key Organisational Relationships:
Bord Bia Shanghai Office, Bord Bia Head office - Meat, Marketing, Finance and PR Departments.
Key External Relationships:
Implementing Body, Department of Agriculture Food & Marine, Embassy of Ireland in Beijing and Mexico City, Consulate in Shanghai, pork and poultry meat importers in both markets, Irish pork and poultry meat exporters.
1. Design and implement effective social media campaigns B2B, B2C increasing awareness and knowledge as part of the program in conjunction with implementing body
2. Develop new and existing relationships with key distributors and buyers in order to build effective and accurate databases for the project
3. Implement key actions in a timely manner, in line with budget allocations and according to EU guidelines
4. Provide relevant and timely reports on each action and prepared in line with EU requirements and ensure all financial reports reflect the detail of the program supported by back up documentation.
- Present marketing concepts and imagery design for each action
- Creative input into development of marketing materials including briefing packs, website content, imagery.
- Develop a clear understanding of the regulatory environment pertaining to imported food.
- Liaise with selected evaluation agency for the project to establish effectiveness of actions undertaken
- Liaise with the implementing body to design implement flows and KPI’s for each action.
- Ensure each action is undertaken on time, within budget and in accordance with EU guidelines and liaise with selected evaluation agency for the project to establish effectiveness of actions undertaken.
- Keep abreast of market trends in specific sectors and channels, as well as economic, social and political trends in order to localize and maximize the outcomes from each action.
- Manage the recruitment process (Chinese buyers, journalists and officials) to participate in the program in conjunction with the implementing body.
- Prepare required financial, quarterly/annual reports required under the program with the implementing agency
- Assist in the Shanghai office to promote the operation of the program at both client and customer level.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree level qualification in relevant discipline, e.g. Business Marketing
- Specialisation in international marketing an advantage particularly experience in Asia
- Fluency in Chinese is advantageous. Minimum level of H.S.K 4
- 5+ years' experience operating in a marketing role, preferably in Asia.
- Experience researching markets, analysing and interpreting information
- Exposure to social media and online marketing in China
- Successful introduction of high profile marketing programmes or events
- Knowledge of the EU / Irish Food sector particularly pork & poultry meat
- Proven record of working independently in the marketplace
- Proven experience of building credible professional relationships with senior executives, diplomats and politicians both in Ireland and the Marketplace.
- Proven experience operating professionally in different cultures.
- Budget management & financial reporting experience.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on the 13th of January