Job Title: Prepared Consumer Foods Business Development Manager
Reporting to: Senior PCF Business Development Manager
Salary: €68,099 per annum
Type: 6 months fixed term contract (Maternity leave) with possibility of extension to 11 months
As Bord Bia’s central point of contact for PCF Client companies, the role of the Business Development Manager (BDM) is to enable prepared consumer food companies to deliver growth. Through strong and comprehensive client relationship management, the BDM will be required to have a solid understanding of the ambition, capabilities, challenges and needs of your prepared consumer foods clients to develop and deliver customised business or sectoral plans. The plan to overcome obstacles to growth will include targeted services where appropriate and depend on the individual client’s stage of growth. The client companies will be across all of the prepared consumer food sector.
Key Organisational Relationships:
Prepared Consumer Foods Senior Manager, Director of Sectors and Boards, as well as the Food & Beverage, Ireland and Overseas Markets, Strategic Insight & Planning, Marketing & Communications, Events and Origin Green Teams.
Key External Relationships:
Prepared consumer food client companies, Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, FDII, SFA, Teagasc, Enterprise Ireland,
retailers, consultants and service providers.
1. To develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of their sector(s), relevant trends and disseminate these to clients and colleagues for the chilled, frozen and value added meats sector.
2. To develop & maintain trusted relationships with Prepared Consumer Foods client companies.
3. To support clients in the implementation of their growth strategy through an insight led approach and develop and implement annual client plans.
4. To work with internal colleagues to build focused, insight-led strategies to drive the delivery of effective business development & lead generation opportunities for client companies in export markets.
5. To liaise with internal colleagues to ensure that Bord Bia’s service offering for client companies is reflective of changing market needs and requirements, ensuring Bord Bia’s leadership position and expertise for route to market and sector competency development.
6. To drive an insights led approach to business development through working with insights, markets and channel.
7. To identify cross sectoral needs and to ensure this need is addressed through effective management and execution of annual plans in line with our three year PCF strategy 2019-2021.
8. To ensure Bord Bia’s leadership position and expertise for route to market and sector competency development.
1. To work intensively with clients to assist with their marketing strategy implementation, and act as lead between client companies and Bord Bia.
2. To develop bespoke annual client plans, which identify the key supports client companies will need to deliver against their objectives.
3. To pro-actively liaise and co-ordinate client activity with the marketing strategy, insight, overseas office, events, Origin Green and support teams.
4. To manage the successful delivery of cross sectoral prepared consumer foods development projects.
5. To support the senior business development manager in developing and executing Bord Bia’s route to market strategy.
6. To assist with the delivery of business development & lead generation opportunities for client companies through Bord Bia activities such as Marketplace, Trade Fairs, Trade Missions, Inward Buyer Visits and Bloom.
7. To contribute to policy development at strategic Consumer Food Board, Main Board and Prepared Consumer Foods Group level, through position papers and policy proposals for prepared consumer foods.
8. Build and maintain strong cross functional relationships within Bord Bia to develop synergies with other departments.
9. Build and maintain strong external relationships with sister agencies working in the food sector to drive Bord Bia’s corporate agenda and to oversee the delivery of the highest level of marketing supports and services to our clients in the prepared consumer food sector.
10. Manage allocated project budgets to ensure the delivery of value for money within those budgets.
11. Develop annual plans and budgets, with detailed supporting rationale. Represent the voice of prepared consumer food companies within Bord Bia and externally through media relevant and stakeholders and other government bodies.