Job Title: Compliance and Secretariat Manager
Grade: Grade 4
Starting Salary: The salary for this role is €68,099 (1st point on the Grade 4 Salary Scale)
Reporting to: Director of Corporate Services
To manage all compliance requirements for the organisation and to provide support to the Company Secretary on all matters relating to the Board, Subsidiary Boards and Committees.
The role will strengthen the Corporate Services function and ensure all matters of a legal or regulatory nature are attended to in an efficient, timely and professional manner.
Key Organisational Relationships
Director of Corporate Services, CEO Office, Finance, HR, Meat & Horticulture, Strategic Insight & Planning Team, Origin Green & Sustainable Quality Assurance team, Food & Beverage Strategy & Planning team, Marketing, Overseas Offices, Data Protection Officer
Key External Relationships:
Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Auditors, solicitors, insurance brokers, etc.
1. Ensure board papers are prepared and issued on a timely basis, and all board documentation is kept up to date.
2. Lead the organisation’s on-going compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
3. Ensure risk registers for all departments and major projects are up to date
4. Lead the organisation’s compliance with all relevant legislation, regulations, and codes of practice.
1. Provide support to the Corporate Services department across the full remit of its activities.
2. Co-ordinate legal and regulatory matters related to:
· Legal queries.
· FOI requests.
· Health and Safety legislation
· Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine requests and reports.
· Parliamentary Questions
· Ethics in Public Office Acts
· Review of Contracts – Procurement, EU Contracts, etc.
· Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies.
3. Manage Insurances and Annual Insurance Review.
4. Review office leases and maintain a watching brief on all domestic and overseas office leases.
5. Co-ordination of sector input and proof-reading of the Bord Bia Annual Report.
6. Provide support to the organisation for ongoing compliance with GDPR.
7. Attendance at Board meetings, on request, for the purpose of minute taking.
8. Manage requests from the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine and distribute them appropriately internally ensuring response is submitted by due time and date.
9. Manage communications from our legal advisors.
10. Ensure all FOI and data protection requests are managed on a timely basis in accordance with the relevant legislation.
11. Manage ASAI advertising complaints and queries.
12. Manage insurance queries from all departments and liaise with insurance brokers.
13. Maintain Ethics in Public Office records as they relate to designated directors and positions.
14. Co-ordinate with overseas managers’ queries related to office leases and other legal matters.
15. Assist in the preparation of Board and Committee papers.
16. Maintain risk registers for all departments and major projects
17. Code of Conduct for Board and Staff.
18. Maintain Governance section of the Bord Bia website and input to Annual Reports on legal and regulatory matters.
19. Maintain records related to Memoranda of Understanding with other Agencies and Government Departments.
20. Official Languages Act issues as they arise.
21. Other related matters as they arise.
· Degree, post graduate or professional qualifications in a relevant discipline e.g. Business, Law, Governance, Finance
· Qualified Chartered Secretary advantageous
· Membership of relevant professional bodies e.g. ISCA / ACA or ACCA
· 5 years’ experience operating in a compliance and/or company secretarial role
· Proven experience in a role with legal responsibilities
· Experience in operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
· Experienced in managing corporate risk
· Knowledge and experience of corporate governance and codes of conduct/ethic principles
· Experience managing multiple boards and dealing with regulatory bodies
· Strong written (minutes and briefs) and oral communication skills
· Attention to detail
· An ability to think and operate at policy, strategic and operational levels
· Excellent analytical skills with the ability to logically assemble factual data; to conduct thorough, evidence-based analysis and distil and present appropriate conclusions
· An ability to work effectively and credibly with senior staff within the Public and Civil Service Industry and overseas
· Excellent negotiation/ influence skills
· Ability to exercise professional judgement, and to behave with tact and force yet be diplomatic
· Proven ability to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
· Ability to manage internal and external relationships and deal with sensitive issues in the appropriate manner
· Proactive in approach using initiative and innovation in pursuing challenges
· Possesses the drive to achieve superior standards and is target driven
· A strong interest in new challenges, networking and continually up-grading their own knowledge base
· An ability to take and execute decisions as a self-starter, innovator and lateral thinker
· Well rounded, self-disciplined with ability to manage many projects
· Results oriented, capable of both setting and meeting deadlines.
· Progressive, seeking continuous improvement in systems and processes
· Ability to inspire and motivate a team
· Reputation for tenacity, determination and professionalism