Manager, EU Promotions (Dublin)
Job Title: Manager, EU Promotions
Salary: Grade 3 with a starting salary of €74,544. The Scale for this Grade is €74,544 - €93,680 (which includes two LSI’s). New Entrants to the Public Sector commence on first point of the Scale which is €74,544.
Reporting to: Director, Meat, Food & Beverages
Job Purpose: Manage Bord Bia Programme of EU promotional campaigns, developing a pipeline of applications and overseeing the implementation of programmes where funding is secured. Ensure strong governance levels are maintained at all times and excellent value for money is delivered through the programmes.
Key Organisational Relationships:
Bord Bia Sectors Team, International Office Managers, Marketing & Communications Team, Finance Team, Strategic Insights & Planning Singapore Office, Markets Team, Sector Managers, Food Dudes Programme Healthy Eating Executive, Strategic Insight & Planning, Origin Green and Sustainable Quality Assurance, Organisation & Industry Talent.
Key External Relationships:
Department of Agriculture Food & Marine, Government of Ireland Embassies, Implementing Bodies, Service Providers, Client Companies, Industry Associations and CHAFEA/EU Commission.
1. Manage Bord Bia’s pipeline of applications for EU promotional programmes through engaging with colleagues, industry and DAFM.
2. Manage the implementation of programmes where applications are successful, ensuring strong project management, clear delivery on objectives and strong value for money.
3. Manage the ongoing administration and evaluation of programmes in conjunction with the Finance team to ensure strong governance is maintained at all times
4.Oversee and manage with the Food Dudes Programme Healthy Eating Executive the financial elements and governance requirements of the EU funded Food Dudes Healthy Eating Programme
5. Develop and capture best practice procedures and learnings to ensure continuous improvement in Bord Bia programmes
6. Manage and develop the relationship between Bord Bia and client companies to ensure all commercial opportunities arising from the programme are maximised.
7. Develop and manage our relationships with DAFM and CHAFEA/Europe Commission with regards to profiling Bord Bia’s capabilities in delivering EU co-funded promotions to a high standard against the regulatory framework, KPIs and value for money.
1. Manage the internal process for selecting potential applications and ensuring high quality applications are submitted for evaluation. This will involve ongoing contact with the sectors and markets teams as well as marketing and Strategic Insights.
2. Work with colleagues to ensure that the role of EU promotional programmes in delivering on Bord Bia’s strategic priorities is optimised.
3. Maintain strong working relationships with DAFM and CHAFEA.
4. Manage engagement with industry and other stakeholders to ensure strong buy in to applications and on the ground implementation to ensure a strong commercial focus is maintained at all times.
5. Manage and plan the work programme of the EU programmes team to ensure on time delivery and implementation of strong promotional programmes
6. Oversee the design and implementation of social media campaigns, trade communication and event management and ensure strong collaboration with the Marketing team in designing marketing programmes and the validation of marketing concepts.
7. Ensure strong objectives with clear KPI’s are in place for all programmes and implement an ongoing internal evaluation of each campaign to ensure the campaign deliverables meet agreed KPI’s, are within budget and in accordance with EU guidelines.
8. Manage Bord Bia’s relationship with Implementing bodies and evaluation agencies to ensure the professional delivery of each programme with a strong focus on value for money.
9. Develop strong collaborative working with the finance team to ensure that each programme expenditure is monitored closely with strong governance structures implemented on a consistent manner across each programme.
10. Develop strong collaborative working with the Food Dudes Healthy Eating Programme Executive to ensure that the regular reporting, financial elements including budget planning and the preparation of and processing of claims are detailed appropriately, accurate and meet DAFM and EU deadlines.
11. Manage the preparation and delivery of all financial reports to DAFM and CHAFEA in a timely manner while ensure all systems are in place to facilitate external audits.
12. Develop with sector managers and finance detailed protocol(s) that establishes best working practises in the preparation, running and follow up responses process for all internal and external audits.
13. Implement a shared learning approach that ensures each programme benefits from learnings of others while improving the quality of future applications and programmes.
- Degree level qualification in relevant discipline, e.g. Business Marketing
- Specialisation in international marketing and digital media an advantage.
- 5+ years' experience operating in a marketing and/or business development role.
- Proven project management capabilities.
- Track record of managing people across diverse projects, geographies and cultures.
- Strong Experience and understanding of EU co-funded promotions and the Regulatory framework
- Proven knowledge of the EU/Irish Food sector, particularly meat and dairy
- Demonstrable experience of building credible professional relationships with senior executives, diplomats and politicians both in Ireland and the Marketplace.
- Extensive experience researching markets, analysing and interpreting information.
- Successful introduction and delivery of high profile marketing programmes.
- Excellent budget management & financial reporting skills.
Closing date 5pm Thursday the 9th of April 2020