Job Title: Procurement Administrator
Reporting to: Procurement Manager
Salary: Grade 6 with a starting salary of €30,477. The Scale for this Grade is €30,477 - €52,308 (which includes two LSI’s). New Entrants to the Public Sector commence on first point of the Scale
Job Purpose: To provide administrative support to the Procurement Manager across the full remit of the function’s activities
Key Organisational Relationships:
Procurement Manager, Financial Controller, Accounts Manager, members of the finance team, budget holders and staff.
Key External Relationships:
Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Comptroller and Auditor General, Office of Government Procurement.
- Provide support to the Procurement Manager across the full remit of the function’s activities.
- Monitor compliance with tendering requirements and expenditure authorisation levels.
- Monitor organisational compliance with the guidelines for procurement.
- Maintain the purchase order system to support budget holders in the organisation.
- Monitor compliance with the organisation’s guidelines for procurement across all teams and functions.
- Work with all budget holders and staff to ensure the required approval process in the procurement guidelines is adhered to. This includes tender documentation, risk identification and supplier contracts.
- Responsible for all administration relating to public tender competitions including award letters, conflict of interest forms, internal review etc.
- Track contract expiry and renewal dates and ensure contract owners are aware of deadlines.
- Track data protection agreements with suppliers where required.
- Assist the procurement manager with vendor management, including tracking vendor spend and performance review.
- Perform annual expense analyses for all vendors.
- Review contracts prior to issue to ensure they contain all necessary information.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors as required.
- Ensure documentation related to tenders and purchase orders are published on the Bord Bia website on a timely basis.
- Review Service Level Agreements (SLAs) ensuring they are fit for purpose and correctly detail the services required.
- Diploma or Degree level qualification in relevant discipline e.g. Business, Accounting, Finance, etc.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an administration /business support role
- Experience of public sector procurement desirable
- Understanding of Irish agriculture and the food industry advantageous
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, manage conflicting demands and work on own initiative
- Ability to handle confidential and commercially sensitive material in a professional and discreet manner
- Demonstrated ability to influence and build relationships
- Excellent communications, both verbal and written
- High attention to detail with problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be proactive