EU Projects Accounts Administrator
Job Title: EU Projects Accounts Administrator
Reporting to: Business Partnering Manager
Job Purpose: Ensuring the accuracy of accounting information within the parameters of European Union (EU) funded programmes.
Salary: Grade 5 with a starting salary of €42,901. The Scale for this Grade is €42,901 - €63,334 (which includes two LSI’s). New Entrants to the Public Sector commence on first point of the Scale.
Key Organisational Relationships:
Project managers for EU programmes, EU Programme Manager, EU Project teams, Financial Controller, Accounts Manager, members of the finance team.
Key External Relationships:
Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Comptroller and Auditor General, other external auditors, service providers
1. Budgeting and forecasting for all projects funded by the EU (referred to as EU projects).
2. Ensuring the accuracy of all accounting records, and the timing and monitoring of expenditure relating to EU projects.
3. Authorising and clearing all financial data related to EU projects for posting to the ledgers.
4. Maintaining full, accurate and on-going financial data for EU projects.
5. Liaising with EU project managers to ensure the Business Intelligence (BI) platform is fully up to date for EU projects.
6. Supporting the project managers to ensure the accounts for EU projects are reconciled.
7. Maintaining an up-to-date ongoing financial forecast for EU projects against programme parameters.
8. Creating and circulating monthly budget versus actual accounting information on EU projects and highlighting any matters for attention.
9. The co-ordination of any external audits for each of these projects.
1. Establishing bank accounts for each separate project and ensuring that each account reflects all income and expenditure related to that project.
2. Assistance with the collection of relevant industry income on EU projects.
3. Training the EU project team on the usage of accounts systems including raising orders, approving invoices etc.
4. Reviewing the accounts for EU Programmes on the BI platform and ensuring all are accurate, up to date.
5. Preparing/Maintaining a real-time budget versus actual position on an ongoing basis.
6. Preparing the year end journals to ensure the balance sheet accruals and prepayments on EU projects are accurate.
7. Reviewing the schedules of information for audits which will be prepared by the administrator of each programme and ensuring accuracy and suitability for audit.
8. Working with the administrator of each EU project to ensure all information is available for all audits.
9. Working with the administrator of each EU project to ensure all grant claims are prepared in a timely and accurate fashion.
10. Preparation of payments on EU programmes and the management of all EU programme bank accounts. Preparation of payment files for EU payments and presentation for payment approval.
11. Reviewing expenses of staff working on EU programmes, ensuring they are in line with policy, and processing for payment.
- Diploma or Degree level qualification in relevant discipline e.g. Accounting, Finance, Business etc.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an accounting or finance support role
- Budget management experience
- Public sector experience advantageous
- Understanding of Irish agriculture and the food industry advantageous
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, manage conflicting demands and work on own initiative
- Ability to handle confidential and commercially sensitive material in a professional and discreet manner
- Demonstrated ability to influence and build relationships
- Excellent communications, both verbal and written
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be proactive
Closing date 5pm Thursday the 9th of April 2020