About the Role
We are looking for Data Engineers to join the team to help design and build our platform. The right person for this role is someone who is motivated, has a deep interest in software, is keen to keep learning, and is passionate about building a great product. This person is drawn to the challenges of scaling and building resilient systems across 100s of nodes and crunching large amounts of data. We’re building a product to revolutionise how businesses engage tomorrow’s customer. That means solving complex technical problems. It’s hard work, but that’s what gets us out of bed in the morning.
Skills & Requirements
As an Engineer you will:
- Have 2 years’ experience in a software engineering role.
- Have delivered production grade quality software.
- Have worked within an Agile delivery environment with experience in delivering to deadlines.
- Have exposure to continuous delivery and test driven development.
- Experience leading the design and delivery of small features an advantage.
As a Data Engineer you will have some exposure to the following:
- Building scalable systems in Java and related technologies.
- Developing with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark.
- NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Redis, and ElasticSearch.
- Relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- A cloud platform such as AWS or GCP.
Life @ Boxever
- A huge opportunity to make a real impact, to shape what we do and where we are going.
- The exposure and challenge you need to learn, stretch yourself and progress your career.
- Complex technical and business problems to solve, and the trust and autonomy you need to go solve them.
- A smart, straightforward team, in a friendly and open environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Share options.
- Health insurance and wellness programme.
- Full flexible working so you can balance life at home with life at work.
- Lots of munchies, happy hours and BBQs on our roof terrace.
- Mac tech as standard… but tell us what you need.
Boxever is a world-leading data, analytics and AI company that’s here to make every customer interaction smarter. As recognised by the likes of Gartner and Forbes, we empower forward-thinking, innovative and ambitious organisations to generate standout customer experiences and engage tomorrow’s customer.
Built for the real businesses in a changing world, we act as the “brain” at the heart of our customers’ marketing technology ecosystems. We connect seamlessly with all their data, tools and models and, from there, help businesses really understand their customers and unleash ever smarter, more personal interactions.
From acquisition and retention through to loyalty and brand reputation, we provide the technology and advice businesses need to achieve their objectives. World class brands including the likes of Emirates, Aer Lingus, Flybe and Cebu Pacific have relied on us since 2011.