About the Role
We are looking for Software Engineers to help design and build our Big Data, Personalisation & Analytics platform. This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced Java Engineers to join a leading Big Data company that has just entered Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Personalisation Engines.
The right person for this role is someone who is motivated, has a deep interest in software, is keen to keep learning, and is passionate about building a great product. This person is drawn to the challenges of scaling and building resilient systems across 100s of nodes and crunching large amounts of data.
Our Engineers are at the centre of the cross-functional product teams delivering new product and platform features at speed. Engineers report to a Tech Lead and work in their product engineering teams, contributing to product features, mentoring more junior engineers and interacting daily with product owners and principal engineers.
Skills & Requirements
As an Engineer you will:
- Have 2-3 years’ experience in a software engineering role with strong Java competencies.
- Have experience in solving technical issues and contributing to design challenges.
- Have delivered production grade quality software ideally in a product software company.
- Have a career ambition to learn and work on a modern Big Data technology stack.
- Have worked within an Agile delivery environment with experience in delivering to deadlines.
- Have exposure to Continuous Delivery and Test Driven Development.
- Have experience leading the design and delivery of small features is an advantage.
- Have an interest in bleeding edge open source technologies
As part of the role you will need to be experienced in:
- Building scalable and distributed systems in Java and related technologies.
- Developing REST based APIs.
- Harnessing the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem.
- GNU / Linux based development.
- Relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
Knowledge of the following technologies would be a bonus (but you will learn on-the-job):
- NoSQL databases such as Cassandra and ElasticSearch.
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible.
- Frameworks such as Dropwizard and Akka.
Life @ Boxever
- A huge opportunity to make a real impact, to shape what we do and where we are going.
- The exposure and challenge you need to learn, stretch yourself and progress your career.
- Complex technical and business problems to solve, and the trust and autonomy you need to go solve them.
- A smart, straightforward team, in a friendly and open environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Share options.
- Health insurance and wellness programme.
- Full flexible working so you can balance life at home with life at work.
- Lots of munchies, happy hours and BBQs on our roof terrace.
- Mac tech as standard… but tell us what you need.
Boxever is a world-leading data, analytics and AI company that’s here to make every customer interaction smarter. As recognised by the likes of Gartner and Forbes, we empower forward-thinking, innovative and ambitious organisations to generate standout customer experiences and engage tomorrow’s customer.
Built for the real businesses in a changing world, we act as the “brain” at the heart of our customers’ marketing technology ecosystems. We connect seamlessly with all their data, tools and models and, from there, help businesses really understand their customers and unleash ever smarter, more personal interactions.
From acquisition and retention through to loyalty and brand reputation, we provide the technology and advice businesses need to achieve their objectives. World class brands including the likes of Emirates, Aer Lingus, Flybe and Cebu Pacific have relied on us since 2011.