About the Role
We are looking for a Chief Technical Architect to take our data, personalisation and analytic platforms to the next level. This is an exciting time for Boxever - we have just arrived on Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Personalisation Engines - but that is just the start. The Chief Technical Architect will be responsible for providing overall architectural direction leadership within Engineering by researching, establishing and delivering technology innovation roadmaps and overseeing architecture / principal engineering competencies and practices - such as our AI/ML, API-first and Data Governance charters.
The Chief Technical Architect will be a high-energy, hands-on, motivated enabler who leads and drives strategic technology decisions that supercharge Boxever, facilitating further market leading product development and operations excellence. To be credible the Chief Technical Architect must have current and deep experience with implementation of large ETL pipelines / analytic platforms on AWS.
You will have an innate interest in engineering and architectural trends, particularly in the area of cloud technology, including emerging cloud based AI and ML services. A key focus of the role will be building next gen AI / ML capabilities from a foundation that Forbes already recognise as in the Top 10 most powerful examples of AI in use today - alongside Google, Apple, Tesla, Netflix and Amazon.
- Own and evolve the architecture for Boxever’s Software-as-a-Service, multi-tenant platform to support further market / industry diversification to fulfill company growth ambitions.
- Architect strategically but deliver tactically - an active coder for when the need arises.
- Provide architecture thought leadership (standards, tooling, direction, tactical options).
- Maintain a rolling 2-year strategic architecture roadmap. Create C4 views, images, graphics and/or charts that provide exceptional clarity and connections to business objectives.
- Collaborate with the CTO and Boxever Labs to transition Research into active Development.
- Contribute to the Intellectual Property asset base of the company - prepare and submit Patent applications for novel innovations.
- Extend an environment of innovation within engineering - removal of roadblocks and enabling strategic risk taking; utilising experimentation to re-imagine the art of the possible.
- Participate in ongoing architecture governance activities. Achieve velocity without sacrificing necessary process and adopt a best practice blend that’s appropriate for our needs.
- Commit time, focus and energy on the further development, coaching and mentoring of senior engineering team members.
Skills & Experience
- Post-Graduate education, ideally at a Masters level, in a computer science / software engineering related discipline. A base degree in computer science or similar is mandatory.
- 7-10 years’ experience architecting, designing and building big data solutions with an in depth understanding of algorithms, data structures, and performance optimization techniques to create resilient, scalable systems in Java and related technologies.
- Past in-depth usage of C4 Model for Software Architecture preferred, experience with UML or 4+1 Architectural View Model a useful complement.
- Solid background engineering ETL / ELT pipeline patterns, utilising open-source but community-supported technologies and AWS services to build robust, performant and economically scalable data ingestion, aggregation, decisioning and analytics platforms.
- Familiarity with MarTech stacks and Recommender System / Next-Best-Action personalisation approaches would be a distinct advantage. AI & ML approaches are preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence crafting and presenting complex system / development topics to company founders, leadership team and technical personnel.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring timely follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the following specific technologies would be a great advantage:
Big Data systems such as Presto, Hive, Oozie and Hadoop. AWS Services such as Step, Glue, Athena and Kinesis. Configuration management tools such as Ansible. Machine Learning frameworks like Spark MLlib. Frameworks such as Dropwizard and Akka. Languages such as Scala and Python. Messaging systems like Kafka.
Life @ Boxever
- A huge opportunity to make a real impact, to shape what we do and where we are going.
- The exposure and challenge you need to learn, stretch yourself and progress your career.
- Complex technical and business problems to solve, and the trust and autonomy you need to go solve them.
- A smart, straightforward team, in a friendly and open environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Share options.
- Health insurance and wellness programme.
- Full flexible working so you can balance life at home with life at work.
- Lots of munchies, happy hours and BBQs on our roof terrace.
- Mac tech as standard… but tell us what you need.
Boxever is a world-leading data, analytics and AI company that’s here to make every customer interaction smarter. As recognised by the likes of Gartner and Forbes, we empower forward-thinking, innovative and ambitious organisations to generate standout customer experiences and engage tomorrow’s customer.
Built for the real businesses in a changing world, we act as the “brain” at the heart of our customers’ marketing technology ecosystems. We connect seamlessly with all their data, tools and models and, from there, help businesses really understand their customers and unleash ever smarter, more personal interactions.
From acquisition and retention through to loyalty and brand reputation, we provide the technology and advice businesses need to achieve their objectives. World class brands including the likes of Emirates, Aer Lingus, Flybe and Cebu Pacific have relied on us since 2011.