About the Role
We are looking for Senior Data Engineers to join the team to help design and build our platform. The right person for this role is someone who is motivated, has a deep interest in Big Data, is keen to keep learning, and is passionate about building a great product. This person is drawn to the challenges of scaling and building resilient systems across 100s of nodes and crunching large amounts of data. It is expected that the role will be both challenging and rewarding.
Skills & Requirements
As a Senior Data Engineer you will:
- Have 6+ years’ experience in a software engineering role with 3+ years’ ETL / ELT.
- Have experience leading the design and build of new data wrangling / cleaning / aggregating features / capabilities in data pipelines.
- Have lead features and small teams in an Agile delivery environment with experience in delivering to deadlines.
- Have exposure to continuous delivery and test driven development.
- Have experience coaching and mentoring more junior members of the engineering team.
As part of the role you will need to be experienced in:
- Building scalable systems in Scala, Java and related technologies.
- Developing REST based APIs.
- Developing in Spark.
- NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Redis, and ElasticSearch.
- Relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem.
- GNU/Linux-based development.
Knowledge of the following technologies would be a bonus:
- Big Data systems such as Hive, Oozie and Hadoop.
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible.
- Machine Learning frameworks like Spark MLlib.
- Frameworks such as Dropwizard and Akka.
- Messaging systems like Kafka.
- An interest in bleeding edge open source technologies
Life @ Boxever
- A huge opportunity to make a real impact, to shape what we do and where we are going.
- The exposure and challenge you need to learn, stretch yourself and progress your career.
- Complex technical and business problems to solve, and the trust and autonomy you need to go solve them.
- A smart, straightforward team, in a friendly and open environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Share options.
- Health insurance and wellness programme.
- Full flexible working so you can balance life at home with life at work.
- Lots of munchies, happy hours and BBQs on our roof terrace.
- Mac tech as standard… but tell us what you need.
Boxever is a world-leading data, analytics and AI company that’s here to make every customer interaction smarter. As recognised by the likes of Gartner and Forbes, we empower forward-thinking, innovative and ambitious organisations to generate standout customer experiences and engage tomorrow’s customer.
Built for the real businesses in a changing world, we act as the “brain” at the heart of our customers’ marketing technology ecosystems. We connect seamlessly with all their data, tools and models and, from there, help businesses really understand their customers and unleash ever smarter, more personal interactions.
From acquisition and retention through to loyalty and brand reputation, we provide the technology and advice businesses need to achieve their objectives. World class brands including the likes of Emirates, Aer Lingus, Flybe and Cebu Pacific have relied on us since 2011.