About the Role
This is an exciting time for Boxever - we have earned our place on Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Personalisation Engines, while Forbes recognises us in the Top 10 most powerful examples of AI in use today - alongside Google, Apple, Tesla, Netflix and Amazon. We’ve done some big things, and we have big ambitions, but we’re not the finished article yet!
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join the Engineering Operations Team to help design and implement our SaaS platform infrastructure. The right person for this role is someone who is a motivated techie, has a deep interest in distributed systems provisioning and operations, is keen to keep learning, and is passionate about building cloud infrastructure configuration as code. This person is drawn to the challenges of scaling and building resilient systems across 1,000s of nodes and crunching enormous amounts of streamed and batch delivered data. If you want to work on Big Data engineering innovation at internet scale using an AWS stack then this is the role for you!
- Taking ownership of our AWS platform including security best practice implementation.
- Automating on-demand provisioning of platforms for production, development and test.
- Scripting everything. Research and implementation of any interfaces and tools required.
- Managing systems and policies critical to our production, development and test infrastructure.
- Innovating to solve scaling challenges enabling the company achieve its growth ambitions.
- Maintaining and promoting operational best practices.
- Implementing test / deployment controls and processes.
- Working with Dev teams to ensure product features are designed to ensure zero downtime.
- Collaborating with product engineers to resolve connectivity, performance, and stability issues.
- Defining and managing backup strategy for IT and development systems.
- Working with field team to understand and replicate customer IT environments.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years AWS experience preferred.
- Automated change management tools experience, preferably Ansible.
- Suitable experience with other tools considered such as Puppet, Chef, Salt etc.
- Linux system administration.
- Experience designing large scale reliable systems a plus.
- Ability to craft well-designed scripts in scripting languages.
- Experience using monitoring tools for server health and performance at scale e.g. Open source tools, Prometheus, New Relic, Librato etc.
- Provisioning platforms using deployment automation and auto scaling.
- Designing and maintaining test automation platforms.
- Knowledge of some or all of the following specific technologies is a plus:
- Cassandra, Kafka, Zookeeper, Hadoop / EMR, Elasticsearch.
- Containerisation approaches using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Distributed systems written in Java.
Life @ Boxever
- A huge opportunity to make a real impact, to shape what we do and where we are going.
- The exposure and challenge you need to learn, stretch yourself and progress your career.
- Complex technical and business problems to solve, and the trust and autonomy you need to go solve them.
- A smart, straightforward team, in a friendly and open environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Share options.
- Health insurance and wellness programme.
- 25 days holidays + full flexible working so you can balance life at home with life at work.
- Lots of munchies, happy hours and BBQs on our roof terrace.
- Mac tech as standard… but tell us what you need.
Boxever is a world-leading data, analytics and AI company that’s here to make every customer interaction smarter. As recognised by the likes of Gartner and Forbes, we empower forward-thinking, innovative and ambitious organisations to generate standout customer experiences and engage tomorrow’s customer.
Built for the real businesses in a changing world, we act as the “brain” at the heart of our customers’ marketing technology ecosystems. We connect seamlessly with all their data, tools and models and, from there, help businesses really understand their customers and unleash ever smarter, more personal interactions.
From acquisition and retention through to loyalty and brand reputation, we provide the technology and advice businesses need to achieve their objectives. World class brands including the likes of Emirates, Aer Lingus, Flybe and Cebu Pacific have relied on us since 2011.