About the Role
This is an exciting time for Boxever - we have earned our place on Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Personalisation Engines, while Forbes recognises us in the Top 10 most powerful examples of AI in use today - alongside Google, Apple, Tesla, Netflix and Amazon. We’ve done some big things, and we have big ambitions, but we’re not the finished article yet!
We are looking for talented Data Engineers to join our data platform team and implement next generation capabilities. The right person for this role is someone who is a motivated techie, has a deep interest in Big Data, is keen to learn, and is passionate about building great data pipelines. This person is drawn to the challenges of building cloud based data centric systems across 1,000s of nodes and crunching enormous amounts of data. If you want to work on Big Data engineering innovation at internet scale using an AWS stack then this is the place for you!
- Boxever Data Engineers report to a Tech Lead and work in cross-functional technical teams delivering new product and platform features at speed. Core responsibilities include:
- Implementing and sustaining (design / coding / validation) new capabilities for Boxever’s Software-as-a-Service, multi-tenant platform to enable further market / industry diversification to fulfill company growth ambitions.
- Contributing to platform features and interacting daily with product owners and Senior Data Engineers / Technical Architects.
- Data Security! - Designing-in Information Security and Data Privacy best practices (OWASP).
- Participating in ongoing Data & API governance practices; achieving velocity without sacrificing necessary process and quality.
Skills & Experience
- Implementation experience of ETL / ELT pipeline patterns, utilising open-source technologies and multiple AWS services to build robust, performant and economically scalable data ingestion, aggregation, decisioning and analytics platforms.
- 4 years’ experience designing and building big data solutions with a solid understanding of algorithms, data structures, and performance optimization techniques.
- Intermediate level knowledge implementing systems which address the Volume, Variety, Velocity and Veracity challenges of big data platform systems in commercial settings.
- Experience building automated data wrangling / cleansing / transforming capabilities in continuous operation data pipeline setting.
- Have taken feature ownership responsibility in an Agile delivery environment and comfortable in delivering to deadlines.
- Proficient operating in an AWS centric ecosystem with exposure to continuous delivery and test driven development in this environment.
- Knowledge of the following specific technologies is required:
- Developing REST based APIs and building scalable systems in Scala OR Java.
- Developing in Spark / Oozie (AWS EMR).
- NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Redis, and ElasticSearch.
- Relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Messaging systems like Kafka.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem.
- GNU/Linux-based development.
- Knowledge of the following specific technologies would be a real bonus:
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible.
- Frameworks such as Dropwizard and Akka.
- Containerisation approaches using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Schema modeling & validation tools like Swagger / OpenApi.
- An interest in bleeding edge open source technologies.
Life @ Boxever
- A huge opportunity to make a real impact, to shape what we do and where we are going.
- The exposure and challenge you need to learn, stretch yourself and progress your career.
- Complex technical and business problems to solve, and the trust and autonomy you need to go solve them.
- A smart, straightforward team, in a friendly and open environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Share options.
- Health insurance and wellness programme.
- 25 days holidays + full flexible working so you can balance life at home with life at work.
- Lots of munchies, happy hours and BBQs on our roof terrace.
- Mac tech as standard… but tell us what you need.
Boxever is a world-leading data, analytics and AI company that’s here to make every customer interaction smarter. As recognised by the likes of Gartner and Forbes, we empower forward-thinking, innovative and ambitious organisations to generate standout customer experiences and engage tomorrow’s customer.
Built for the real businesses in a changing world, we act as the “brain” at the heart of our customers’ marketing technology ecosystems. We connect seamlessly with all their data, tools and models and, from there, help businesses really understand their customers and unleash ever smarter, more personal interactions.
From acquisition and retention through to loyalty and brand reputation, we provide the technology and advice businesses need to achieve their objectives. World class brands including the likes of Emirates, Aer Lingus, Flybe and Cebu Pacific have relied on us since 2011.