About the Role
This is an exciting time for Boxever - we have earned our place on Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Personalisation Engines, while Forbes recognises us in the Top 10 most powerful examples of AI in use today - alongside Google, Apple, Tesla, Netflix and Amazon. We’ve done some big things, and we have big ambitions, but we’re not the finished article yet!
We are now adding Senior Software Engineers to our team to further improve and extend our successful Personalisation and Customer Experiences Platform. The right person for this role is someone who is a motivated Java enterprise expert, has a deep interest in Big Data, is keen to keep learning, and is passionate about building great product experiences for customers. This person is drawn to the challenges of API-first implementation approaches which power platform ecosystems supporting multiple software products for external, partner and internal customers. If you want to work on Big Data engineering innovation at internet scale - hundreds of billions of API calls from millions of connected users - then this is the place for you!
- Our Senior Software Engineers report to a Tech Lead and are at the centre of cross-functional technical teams delivering next generation platform and product features at speed. Core responsibilities include:
- Designing, implementing and sustaining significant new capabilities for Boxever’s Software-as-a-Service, multi-tenant platform in support of further market / industry diversification to fulfill company growth ambitions.
- Contributing to platform features, mentoring more junior engineers and interacting daily with product owners and technical architects.
- Microservices on steroids! - Extensibility, resilience with true and instantaneous scalability.
- Data Security! - Designing-in Information Security and Data Privacy best practices (OWASP).
- Extending an environment of innovation within engineering utilising creativity, experimentation and a fail-fast mindset to re-imagine the art of the possible.
- Participating in ongoing Data & API governance practices; achieving velocity without sacrificing necessary process or quality and adopt a best practice blend that’s appropriate for our needs.
Skills & Experience
- Expertise in designing & building distributed, internet scale microservice based applications.
- 7 years’ experience in server side enterprise class Java with related frameworks (Dropwizard).
- Past roles in leading the design and build of new API centric services ideally in a ‘Digital Marketing Technology’ setting.
- Knowledge of Business Modelling via Decision Model and Notation (DMN) approaches for use in performant AI rules based decision engines.
- Very proficient operating in an AWS centric ecosystem with exposure to continuous delivery and test driven development in this environment.
- Knowledge of the following specific technologies is required:
- Developing highly optimised REST based APIs and building scalable systems in Java.
- Relational Databases such as PostgreSQL and Messaging Systems like Kafka.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem.
- GNU/Linux-based development.
- Knowledge of the following specific technologies would be a real bonus:
- Containerisation approaches using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Schema modeling & validation tools like Swagger / OpenApi.
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible.
- Jenkins CI / CD build pipelines / extensions.
- An interest in bleeding edge open source technologies.
Life @ Boxever
- A huge opportunity to make a real impact, to shape what we do and where we are going.
- The exposure and challenge you need to learn, stretch yourself and progress your career.
- Complex technical and business problems to solve, and the trust and autonomy you need to go solve them.
- A smart, straightforward team, in a friendly and open environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Share options.
- Health insurance and wellness programme.
- 25 days holidays + full flexible working so you can balance life at home with life at work.
- Lots of munchies, happy hours and BBQs on our roof terrace.
- Mac tech as standard… but tell us what you need.
Boxever is a world-leading data, analytics and AI company that’s here to make every customer interaction smarter. As recognised by the likes of Gartner and Forbes, we empower forward-thinking, innovative and ambitious organisations to generate standout customer experiences and engage tomorrow’s customer.
Built for the real businesses in a changing world, we act as the “brain” at the heart of our customers’ marketing technology ecosystems. We connect seamlessly with all their data, tools and models and, from there, help businesses really understand their customers and unleash ever smarter, more personal interactions.
From acquisition and retention through to loyalty and brand reputation, we provide the technology and advice businesses need to achieve their objectives. World class brands including the likes of Emirates, Aer Lingus, Flybe and Cebu Pacific have relied on us since 2011.