About the Role
We are looking for a technically savvy Product Owner to help us explore and resolve some of our hairiest product and technical challenges. The Technical Product Owner is a hands on role where you will analyse technical and product opportunities and problems, translating your findings into recommendations for product solutions and ultimately technical specifications that our engineering team will build.
You’ll be working on Boxever's market-leading personalisation engine, which is used by some of the worlds biggest brands, including Emirates, AIB and Ryanair, to personalise their customer interactions - whether on a website, smartphone or in person. Our technology powers billions of personalisation decisions every day and we commit to delivering these within 150Ms globally. That means you will get to work on some of the biggest (and gnarliest!) data, UX and AI challenges, at massive scale.
We are looking for a motivated techie, keen to build a career in a growing Product organisation. If you are insatiably curious, a structured thinker and you can’t put down a problem until it is thoughtfully analysed and resolved, this may be the role for you.
- Complete deep analysis of product functionality, features and technologies to help figure out the answers to our ‘hairy’ technical and product questions
- Make recommendations on product direction based on detailed analysis and in depth understanding of our product
- Create epics, user stories, requirements and acceptance criteria, and manage tickets
- Respond to reported issues, completing in depth analysis and working with engineers to troubleshoot and recommend solutions
- Support the technical writing and documentation process
- Support the management of the roadmap and prioritisation of the backlog
- Attend and run stand-ups with your team
- Engage with internal and external customers to help validate needs, problems and requirements
- Act as a SME to your engineering team as features are developed, tested and delivered to customers
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar technical / product analysis role
- The technical chops needed to complete in depth analysis of product and technical problems
- Organised and systematic approach to problem solving
- Extremely detail oriented and committed to accurate and thoughtful analysis
- The ability to multi-task and context switch and the flexibility to go with the flow
- Proven track record of self-directed learning on new technologies and products
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into complex and messy problem spaces to identify product opportunities and solutions
- Ability to translate technical requirements to business users and vice versa
- 3rd level degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- Experience working in martech (e.g. Mobile Marketing Platforms, CRM, Email or Optimisation Tools) or analytics is a big advantage.
Life @ Boxever
- A huge opportunity to make a real impact, to shape what we do and where we are going.
- The exposure and challenge you need to learn, stretch yourself and progress your career.
- Complex technical and business problems to solve, and the trust and autonomy you need to go solve them.
- A smart, straightforward team, in a friendly and open environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Share options.
- Health insurance, life insurance & income protection.
- 25 days holidays + full flexible working so you can balance life at home with life at work.
- Lots of munchies, happy hours and BBQs on our roof terrace.
- Mac tech as standard… but tell us what you need.
Boxever is a personalisation platform that uses data and AI to help the world’s biggest brands make every customer interaction smarter and deliver game-changing customer experience. We do this in two ways. Firstly, we build rich and accurate profiles of their customers using data from across their business. Then we use AI to automate decisions about how to personalise interactions on every channel and in every moment.
The result? Personal, relevant and valuable experiences for customers, and improved engagement, acquisition and conversion for the business. Since we started back in 2011 we’ve been helping the likes of Emirates, Viva Air Group and Aer Lingus revolutionise how they engage customers. Seven years on, we’re now recognised by Gartner as a leading player in personalisation and ranked by Forbes alongside Google, Apple and Amazon as one of the most powerful examples of AI in use today.