About the Role
This is an exciting time for Boxever - we have earned our place on Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Personalisation Engines, while Forbes recognises us in the Top 10 most powerful examples of AI in use today - alongside Google, Apple, Tesla, Netflix and Amazon. We’ve done some big things, and we have big ambitions, but we’re not the finished article yet!
We are now adding to our team of Software Engineers to further improve and extend our successful Personalisation and Customer Experiences Platform. The right person for this role is someone who is a motivated Java enterprise expert, has a deep interest in Big Data, is keen to keep learning, and is passionate about building great product experiences for customers. This person is drawn to the challenges of API-first implementation approaches which power platform ecosystems supporting multiple software products for external, partner and internal customers. If you want to work on Big Data engineering innovation at internet scale - hundreds of billions of API calls from millions of connected users - then this is the place for you!
- Our Software Engineers report to a Tech Lead and are at the centre of cross-functional technical teams delivering next generation platform and product features at speed. Core responsibilities include:
- Implementing and sustaining new capabilities for Boxever’s Software-as-a-Service, multi-tenant platform in support of further market / industry diversification to fulfill company growth ambitions.
- Contributing to platform features and interacting daily with product owners, senior engineers and technical architects.
- Microservices on steroids! - Extensibility, resilience with true and instantaneous scalability.
- Data Security! - Design-in Information Security and Data Privacy best practices (OWASP etc)
- Actively collaborating in an environment of innovation within engineering utilising creativity, experimentation and a fail-fast mindset to re-imagine the art of the possible.
- Compliance with Data & API governance approaches; achieving velocity without sacrificing necessary process or quality and follow a best practice blend that’s appropriate for our needs.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in designing & building distributed, internet scale microservice based applications.
- 4 years’ experience in server side enterprise class Java with related frameworks in a microservices architecture, eg. Dropwizard..
- Past roles in building API centric services ideally in a ‘Digital Marketing Technology’ setting.
- Very proficient operating in an AWS centric ecosystem with exposure to continuous delivery and test driven development in this environment.
- Knowledge of the following specific technologies is required:
- Developing highly optimised REST based APIs and building scalable systems in Java.
- Relational Databases such as PostgreSQL and Messaging Systems like Kafka.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem.
- GNU/Linux-based development.
- Knowledge of the following specific technologies would be a real bonus:
- Containerisation approaches using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Schema modeling & validation tools like Swagger / OpenApi.
- Kafka Streams, Parquet and Athena
- Knowledge of Business Modelling via Decision Model and Notation (DMN) approaches for use in performant AI rules based decision engines.
- Jenkins CI / CD build pipelines / extensions.
Life @ Boxever
- A huge opportunity to make a real impact, to shape what we do and where we are going.
- The exposure and challenge you need to learn, stretch yourself and progress your career.
- Complex technical and business problems to solve, and the trust and autonomy you need to go solve them.
- A smart, straightforward team, in a friendly and open environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Share options.
- Health insurance, life insurance & income protection.
- 25 days holidays + full flexible working so you can balance life at home with life at work.
- Lots of munchies, happy hours and BBQs on our roof terrace.
- Mac tech as standard… but tell us what you need.