About the Role
This is an exciting time for Boxever - we have earned our place on Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Personalisation Engines, while Forbes recognises us in the Top 10 most powerful examples of AI in use today - alongside Google, Apple, Tesla, Netflix and Amazon. We’ve done some big things, and we have big ambitions, but we’re not the finished article yet!
We are looking for an Operations Engineer to join our Engineering Operations Team to help design and implement our SaaS platform infrastructure. The right person for this role is someone who is motivated, has a deep interest in distributed systems provisioning and operations, is keen to keep learning, and is passionate about building cloud infrastructure configuration as code. This person is drawn to the challenges of scaling and building resilient systems across 100s of nodes and crunching large amounts of data.
- Take ownership of our AWS platform including security best practice implementation.
- Automate on-demand provisioning of platforms for production, development and test.
- Script everything. Research and implementation of any interfaces and tools required.
- Manage systems and policies critical to our production, development and test infrastructure.
- Maintain and promote operational best practices.
- Implement test / deployment controls and processes.
- Work with development teams to ensure product features are designed to ensure zero downtime.
- Collaborate with product engineers to resolve connectivity, performance, and stability issues.
- Define and manage backup strategy for IT and development systems.
- Work with field team to understand and replicate customer IT environments.
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years' AWS experience
- Automated change management tools experience, preferably Ansible.
- Suitable experience with other tools such as Puppet, Chef, Salt.
- Linux system administration.
- Ability to craft well-designed scripts in scripting languages
- Experience using monitoring tools for server health and performance at scale e.g. Open source tools, Prometheus, New Relic, Librato.
- Provisioning platforms using deployment automation and auto scaling.
- Designing and maintaining test automation platforms.
- Experience designing large scale reliable systems a plus.
Knowledge of the following technologies would be a bonus:
- Distributed systems written in Java
Life @ Boxever
- A huge opportunity to make a real impact, to shape what we do and where we are going.
- The exposure and challenge you need to learn, stretch yourself and progress your career.
- Complex technical and business problems to solve, and the trust and autonomy you need to go solve them.
- A smart, straightforward team, in a friendly and open environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Share options.
- Health insurance, life insurance & income protection.
- 25 days holidays + full flexible working so you can balance life at home with life at work.
- Lots of munchies, happy hours and BBQs on our roof terrace.
- Mac tech as standard… but tell us what you need.
Boxever is a personalisation platform that uses data and AI to help the world’s biggest brands make every customer interaction smarter and deliver game-changing customer experience. We do this in two ways. Firstly, we build rich and accurate profiles of their customers using data from across their business. Then we use AI to automate decisions about how to personalise interactions on every channel and in every moment.
The result? Personal, relevant and valuable experiences for customers, and improved engagement, acquisition and conversion for the business. Since we started back in 2011 we’ve been helping the likes of Emirates, Viva Air Group and Aer Lingus revolutionise how they engage customers. Today we’re recognised by Gartner as a leading player in personalisation and ranked by Forbes alongside Google, Apple and Amazon as one of the most powerful examples of AI in use today.