About the Role
This is an exciting time for Boxever - we have earned our place on Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Personalisation Engines, while Forbes recognises us in the Top 10 most powerful examples of AI in use today - alongside Google, Apple, Tesla, Netflix and Amazon. We’ve done some big things, and we have big ambitions, but we’re not the finished article yet!
We are looking for Software Engineers to help design and build our Big Data, Personalisation & Analytics platform. This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced Java Engineers to cross train in Data Engineering with a leading Big Data company that has just entered Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Personalisation Engines.
The right person for this role is someone who is motivated, has a deep interest in software, is keen to keep learning, and is passionate about building a great product. This person is drawn to the challenges of scaling and building resilient systems across 100s of nodes and crunching large amounts of data.
Our Engineers are at the centre of the cross-functional product teams delivering new product and platform features at speed. Engineers report to a Tech Lead and work in their product engineering teams, contributing to product features, mentoring more junior engineers and interacting daily with product owners and principal engineers.
- Our Software Engineers report to a Tech Lead and are at the centre of cross-functional technical teams delivering next generation platform and product features at speed. Core responsibilities include:
- Designing, implementing and sustaining significant new capabilities for Boxever’s Software-as-a-Service, multi-tenant platform in support of further market / industry diversification to fulfill company growth ambitions.
- Contributing to platform features, mentoring more junior engineers and interacting daily with product owners and technical architects.
- Microservices on steroids! - Extensibility, resilience with true and instantaneous scalability.
- Data Security! - Designing-in Information Security and Data Privacy best practices (OWASP).
- Extending an environment of innovation within engineering utilising creativity, experimentation and a fail-fast mindset to re-imagine the art of the possible.
- Participating in ongoing Data & API governance practices; achieving velocity without sacrificing necessary process or quality and adopt a best practice blend that’s appropriate for our needs.
Skills & Experience
As an Engineer you will have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a software engineering role with strong Java competencies.
- experience in solving complex technical issues and contributing to design challenges.
- delivered production grade quality software ideally in a product software company.
- a career ambition to learn and work on a modern Big Data technology stack.
- worked within an Agile delivery environment with experience in delivering to deadlines.
- exposure to Continuous Delivery and Test Driven Development.
- experience leading the design and delivery of small features is an advantage.
- an interest in bleeding edge open source technologies
As part of the role you will need to be experienced in:
- Building scalable and distributed systems in Java and related technologies.
- Developing REST based APIs.
- Harnessing the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem.
- GNU / Linux based development.
- Relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of the following technologies would be a bonus (but you will learn on-the-job):
- NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Redis, and ElasticSearch.
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible.
- Frameworks such as Dropwizard and Akka.
- Languages such as Scala and Python.
- Developing in Spark.
- Messaging systems like Kafka.
Life @ Boxever
- A huge opportunity to make a real impact, to shape what we do and where we are going.
- The exposure and challenge you need to learn, stretch yourself and progress your career.
- Complex technical and business problems to solve, and the trust and autonomy you need to go solve them.
- A smart, straightforward team, in a friendly and open environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Health insurance and wellness programme.
- Full flexible working so you can balance life at home with life at work.
- Mac tech as standard… but tell us what you need.
Boxever is a personalisation platform that uses data and AI to help the world’s biggest brands make every customer interaction smarter and deliver game-changing customer experience. We do this in two ways. Firstly, we build rich and accurate profiles of their customers using data from across their business. Then we use AI to automate decisions about how to personalise interactions on every channel and in every moment.
The result? Personal, relevant and valuable experiences for customers, and improved engagement, acquisition and conversion for the business. Since we started back in 2011 we’ve been helping the likes of Emirates, Viva Air Group and Aer Lingus revolutionise how they engage customers. Today we’re recognised by Gartner as a leading player in personalisation and ranked by Forbes alongside Google, Apple and Amazon as one of the most powerful examples of AI in use today.