Senior Software Engineer
About the Role
This is an exciting time for Boxever - we have earned our place on Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Personalisation Engines, while Forbes recognises us in the Top 10 most powerful examples of AI in use today - alongside Google, Apple, Tesla, Netflix and Amazon. We’ve done some big things, and we have big ambitions, but we’re not the finished article yet!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team to help take our platform to the next level. The right person for this role is someone who is motivated, has a deep interest in software, is keen to keep learning, and is passionate about building a great product. Who is also drawn to the challenges of scaling and building resilient systems across 100s of nodes and crunching large amounts of data.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be part of a fast-paced team guiding best practice across engineering and leading the design and delivery of distributed high volume data processing systems. You will be enabling real-time analytics and decisioning solutions leveraging the latest data processing technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, AWS etc.) and be responsible for providing innovative solutions across the platform to allow our customers gain value from their data.
- Provides the technical direction and guidance on data processing in the platform.
- Works collaboratively to implement and bring technically difficult concepts to reality.
- Strong ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing customer requirements.
- Developing use cases, user stories, design and architecture specifications.
- Strong listening, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong orientation toward high-quality deliverables and high customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies
- Always looking to improve and provide innovative solutions.
- Provide technical direction and leadership to teams.
Skills & Experience
As an Engineer you will have:
5+ years experience designing and building microservices and big data solutions.
Experience mentoring engineers as well as leading technical direction.
In depth understanding of algorithms, data structures, and performance optimization techniques.
Building scalable systems in Java and related technologies.
Developing REST based APIs
Messaging systems like Kafka.
NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Redis, and ElasticSearch.
Relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem
Knowledge of the following technologies would be a bonus:
Developing in Spark.
Big Data systems such as Hive, Oozie and Hadoop.
Configuration management tools such as Ansible.
Machine Learning frameworks like Spark MLlib.
Frameworks such as Dropwizard and Akka.
Languages such as Scala and Python.
An interest in bleeding edge open source technologies
Life @ Boxever
- A huge opportunity to make a real impact, to shape what we do and where we are going.
- The exposure and challenge you need to learn, stretch yourself and progress your career.
- Complex technical and business problems to solve, and the trust and autonomy you need to go solve them.
- A smart, straightforward team, in a friendly and open environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Health insurance and wellness programme.
- Full flexible working so you can balance life at home with life at work.
- Mac tech as standard… but tell us what you need.
Boxever is a personalisation platform that uses data and AI to help the world’s biggest brands make every customer interaction smarter and deliver game-changing customer experience. We do this in two ways. Firstly, we build rich and accurate profiles of their customers using data from across their business. Then we use AI to automate decisions about how to personalise interactions on every channel and in every moment.
The result? Personal, relevant and valuable experiences for customers, and improved engagement, acquisition and conversion for the business. Since we started back in 2011 we’ve been helping the likes of Emirates, Viva Air Group and Aer Lingus revolutionise how they engage customers. Today we’re recognised by Gartner as a leading player in personalisation and ranked by Forbes alongside Google, Apple and Amazon as one of the most powerful examples of AI in use today.