Engineer Core Data Platform
About the Role
This is an exciting time for Boxever - we have earned our place on Gartner’s Magic Quadrant and with Forrester for Personalisation Engines, while Forbes recognises us in the Top 10 most powerful examples of AI in use today - alongside Google, Apple, Tesla, Netflix and Amazon. We’ve done some big things, and we have big ambitions, but we’re not the finished article yet!
The Core Data Platform engineering team is responsible for building the services and datastores that enable us to build highly scalable services.
From the initial ingestion of customer records we strive to ensure our core models satisfy the varying needs of our internal teams and diverse customer base. This in itself is a challenge but it’s only the beginning. Once we have ingested the data we are then tasked with making sense of it and storing it in consumable way, allowing our product teams to action on it instantaneously.
The Core Data Platform team also takes full ownership of analytics within Boxever, building large scale data processing jobs to transform disparate data into clean, structured and well managed datasets.
As a Core Data Platform engineer, you will design, build and maintain our platform to make these systems scalable, robust and resilient, delivering the best possible experience to our customers. We are looking for engineering leaders who can take ownership of Boxever’s core data platform and drive innovation in an autonomous environment with cutting edge technologies.
- Lead complex technical conversations and decisions
- Work closely with our product teams to build new and innovative platform capabilities
- Provide technical guidance and mentor peers
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve our software stack
- Own individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience writing and deploying production code
- Extensive experience in Java and Scala
- Experience with distributed systems such as Spark, Cassandra, Kafka
- A working knowledge of DevOps and the AWS ecosystem
- Experience with data modelling and data storage formats
Life @ Boxever
- A huge opportunity to make a real impact, to shape what we do and where we are going.
- The exposure and challenge you need to learn, stretch yourself and progress your career.
- Complex technical and business problems to solve, and the trust and autonomy you need to go solve them.
- A smart, straightforward team, in a friendly and open environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Health insurance, life insurance & income protection.
- 25 days holidays + full flexible working so you can balance life at home with life at work.
- Lots of munchies, happy hours and BBQs on our roof terrace.
- Mac tech as standard… but tell us what you need.
Boxever is a personalisation platform that uses data and AI to help the world’s biggest brands make every customer interaction smarter and deliver game-changing customer experience. We do this in two ways. Firstly, we build rich and accurate profiles of their customers using data from across their business. Then we use AI to automate decisions about how to personalise interactions on every channel and in every moment.
The result? Personal, relevant and valuable experiences for customers, and improved engagement, acquisition and conversion for the business. Since we started back in 2011 we’ve been helping the likes of AIB, Emirates, Paddy Power Betfair, Viva Air Group and Aer Lingus revolutionise how they engage customers. Today we’re recognised by Gartner as a leading player in personalisation and ranked by Forbes alongside Google, Apple and Amazon as one of the most powerful examples of AI in use today.