WEEKEND SHIFT position: Friday – Sunday 6:00am – 6:30pm
4 Hour Bonus Weekly
10% Shift Differential
CNC Lathe Operator Position Description
CNC Lathe Operator will be responsible for the operation CNC machines to produce parts, all of which must meet the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawing.
· Responsible for the operation and maintenance of machines to produce quality parts.
- Knowledge of machining, tool specifications and material characteristics, to enable part to run successfully in machine. Load/unload parts from machine. Measure and inspect.
· Accurately complete all quality control documentation and inspection sheets. Capable of verifying conformance of parts to specifications using precision measuring instruments and process control techniques including SPC.
- Follows verbal and/or written instructions such as blueprints, traveler, work instruction, process specifications, sketches, and direction from supervisor in completing a variety of machining and inspection tasks.
· Work efficiently to achieve targeted goals and to assure product compliance to quality specifications.
· Responsible for machine utilization and productivity goals being met on a daily basis, including: machine output to assure cycle times are verified and recorded.
· Prompt startup of machines at beginning of shift, run machines through breaks and lunch as applicable and smooth hand off of machines at shift change to keep them running.
· Assure accurate and timely reporting of labor transactions. Clock on and off jobs with production and setups both direct and indirect labor activities
· Active involvement and support of 6S and continuous improvement efforts.
· Report to Group Leader and/or Manager immediately if unable to attain these goals.
- Must have a high school diploma (or equivalent).
- Ability to read part drawings.
- Clean, organized, and multi-task capability to operate multiple machines.
- Team player, open to new ideas and team work, self-motivated individual, willingness to continually strive to increase personal knowledge and value.
- Above average manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
- Intermediate Math skills in geometric and trigonometric formulas a plus.
- Visual inspection with the use of a microscope on small parts with attention to detail.
- Flexible, reliable, self-starting team player with ability to work with other employees without conflict and with minimal supervision.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.