CNC Lathe Operator Position Description
Day Shift - 4 Day Schedule - Monday-Thursday - 6:00am-4:30pm
CNC Lathe Operator will be responsible for the operation CNC machines to produce parts, all of which must meet the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawing.
· Responsible for the operation and maintenance of machines to produce quality parts.
- Knowledge of machining, tool specifications and material characteristics, to enable part to run successfully in machine. Load/unload parts from machine. Measure and inspect.
· Accurately complete all quality control documentation and inspection sheets. Capable of verifying conformance of parts to specifications using precision measuring instruments and process control techniques including SPC.
- Follows verbal and/or written instructions such as blueprints, traveler, work instruction, process specifications, sketches, and direction from supervisor in completing a variety of machining and inspection tasks.
· Work efficiently to achieve targeted goals and to assure product compliance to quality specifications.
· Responsible for machine utilization and productivity goals being met on a daily basis, including: machine output to assure cycle times are verified and recorded.
· Prompt startup of machines at beginning of shift, run machines through breaks and lunch as applicable and smooth hand off of machines at shift change to keep them running.
· Assure accurate and timely reporting of labor transactions. Clock on and off jobs with production and setups both direct and indirect labor activities
· Active involvement and support of 6S and continuous improvement efforts.
· Report to Group Leader and/or Manager immediately if unable to attain these goals.
- Must have a high school diploma (or equivalent).
- Ability to read part drawings.
- Clean, organized, and multi-task capability to operate multiple machines.
- Team player, open to new ideas and team work, self-motivated individual, willingness to continually strive to increase personal knowledge and value.
- Above average manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
- Intermediate Math skills in geometric and trigonometric formulas a plus.
- Visual inspection with the use of a microscope on small parts with attention to detail.
- Flexible, reliable, self-starting team player with ability to work with other employees without conflict and with minimal supervision.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.