Maintenance Technician - DAY SHIFT
Day Shift Position: 7:00am – 4:30pm Mon – Thurs, 7:00am – 11:00am Fri
Maintenance Technician Position Description:
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the preventive maintenance and repair of CNC horizontal mills, CNC vertical mills, CNC lathes, Multi Spindle bar machines and may also be called upon to assist with facilities maintenance on occasion.
With guidance from the Maintenance Lead, is responsible to maintain and repair CNC machines to factory specifications using OEM parts and supplies or high-quality alternates approved by the Maintenance Lead.
· Follows manufacturer’s instructions, engineering specifications, sketches, operation manuals, diagrams and instruction provided by Maintenance Lead to diagnose and troubleshoot machine abnormalities.
· Removes and replaces faulty machine parts utilizing the proper equipment and tools necessary to affect the repair in the same manner as a factory technician.
· Works in a safe and efficient manner following all safety procedures and regulations necessary to prevent personal injury, injury to those working on the same machine or those in the surrounding area.
· Locks out equipment that is unable or unsafe to operate following LOTO procedure to prevent injury to an employee or further damage to a machine.
· Utilizes and updates the Maintenance Database to maintain preventive maintenance and machine repair records.
· Makes recommendations for enhancements to preventive maintenance procedures and potential improvements to the maintenance department.
· Ensures repair is complete, machine is fully operational and able to produce parts within specification, all guards and safety switches are in their place and operational before turning machine over to production team.
· Leaves the machine and surrounding area in a clean and organized manner similar to or better than before the repair or procedure began wiping down the machine and cleaning the floor if necessary.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Must have a high school diploma (or equivalent)
· Team player, open to new ideas and teamwork. Self-motivated individual with willingness to continually strive to increase personal knowledge and value
· Have a general understanding of machine manuals, pneumatic diagrams, hydraulic diagrams and electrical schematics.
· Ability to understand and identify all forms of live and stored energy including but not limited to; electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, weight and spring. Ability to isolate and disable said energy before and during repair or maintenance procedures.
· General knowledge of CNC equipment including operation and repair.
· Ability to work on a machine repair or maintenance procedure while standing, sitting, laying, kneeling or bending for possible extended periods of time.
· Ability to safely climb and work from a ladder when necessary.
· Ability to operate and work from motorized lift platforms.
· Ability to work outside in any season if necessary.
· Ability to lift as much as forty pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.