BMI Job Description
Job Title: Civil Construction Foreman
This position is responsible for managing all personnel and activities on the job. The work entails removal & installation of conduit, hangers and accessories used on utilities under bridges and may involve structural concrete and steel construction.
Work is day or night and may involve working from a man lift or Under Bridge Unit at times and usually in cities far from our headquarters in Bend, Oregon. Please note while this is a supervisory position, there is still hands on work required.
Reports to the Project Manager.
Some typical duties are:
· Conduct site safety assessments and identify all safety hazards on job site, participate in weekly safety meetings, properly fill out necessary documentation, record time for your crew, etc.
· Review project plans, specifications & installation instructions to ensure the project is built according to the approved design & specifications
· Organizing the schedule for the job
· Making sure the job stays on budget and on time
· Direct the activities of the laborer, operator & installer on the job site
· Assist with the removal and installation of the conduit or piping as needed
· Operate Under Bridge Unit equipment as needed
· Communicate with the main office, owner’s representatives and general contractor’s representatives on the job site
· Ensure field maintenance on equipment is performed routinely.
· Duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION, SKILLS and/or EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of 5 years experience in supervision of commercial or civil construction projects.
· Previous experience using hand and power tools
· Ability to motivate crews through teamwork and solid communication skills
· CDL – Class B with air brake endorsement - Class A Preferred (Class A will be required within 60 days of hire)
· Ability to travel for projects. 95% of this job is done on the road in various locations
· Experience operating heavy equipment similar to the bridge work equipment used at Bridge Masters, Inc.
· Ability to work at heights
· Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
· OSHA 30 Certification- preferred
· Knowledgeable in all Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook
· Knowledgeable in web based programs such as Google Suites
· Manual dexterity required for operating equipment and tools
· Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
· Ability to properly lift up to 50 pounds.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and meet the physical and work environment demands of the position.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This Job Description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing organizational objectives. The description incorporates the most typical duties performed and covers only the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed. The inclusion of those duties would not alter the overall evaluation of this position.
Please respond with a resume, cover letter. Pay range DOE. 401k Match, Paid Holidays, Vacation and sick pay (must meet minimum requirements). Medical and dental plan offered after 60 days of full-time employment.