Bridge Masters, Inc. is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer for their Engineering and Product Development team in Bend, OR.
BMI is well established specialty contractor with focus on Under Bridge Utilities. We install, repair, inspect and design utility crossings for public, private utility companies and municipalities throughout the US. BMI’s manufacturing company, manufactures our own Under Bridge Units. These units are unique to BMI and we manufacture to rent Nationwide.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you’ll be responsible for overseeing the design, assembly, modification, support and repair of under our own BridgeWalkers. A successful candidate will demonstrate proficiency in mechanical design, familiarity with fabrication and machining, and possess a collaborative mindset; working with other colleagues on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, fabricators, and machinists to design components and systems for our equipment.
- Collaborate with internal multi-disciplinary team members to design/modify equipment to support GMP operations, product development, and R&D activities.
- Support scheduling and coordinate work plan execution to ensure safe, high-quality, and on-time delivery of project deliverables across multiple projects.
- Serve as the lead or supporting engineer for design, fabrication, installation, and troubleshooting of equipment and facility systems across all groups.
- Fully document systems and components
- Provide input on standards and templates for drawings (including title blocks, revision schemes, electrical diagrams, weld callouts)
- Use a CAD Data Vault (SolidWorks PDM Professional) in day to day CAD system (SolidWorks) operation
- Interface with and direct outside contractors, oversee equipment assembly and fabrication
- Consult with other colleagues, consultants, or vendors on design and layouts
- Prepare written documents such as standard operating procedures, memos, reports, and standards.
- Act as a technical and professional mentor for junior colleagues.
- May be required to push, pull, lift or move items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Light travel may be required for product R&D and/or review
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering education
- Knowledge and use of SolidWorks or other 3D CAD, Draft Sight/AutoCAD and MS Office required
- Demonstrable strong mechanical, analytical and technical skills.
- Experience mentoring and developing junior engineers is preferred
- Extensive equipment/system engineering design
- Knowledge and use of SolidWorks PDM Professional preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing/fabrication environment preferred
- Experience with hand, power, and machine tools as well as welding, fabrication, and sheet metal is a plus
- Able to work on multiple projects and meet project deadlines as needed
- Demonstrate good oral and written skills
Please respond with a resume, and cover letter. 401k Match, Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Pay (must meet minimum requirements). Medical and dental plan offered after probation period.