Senior Customer Success Manager
Location: New York
Team: Customer Success
We are a team of lawyers, customer obsessed professionals, engineers and data scientists building the smartest legal spend management software on the market. We think the relationship between legal departments and their law firms should be less work and more transparent, so we are building software to empower both sides to collaborate more effectively.
We are expanding our Sales, Customer Success and Marketing capability in our New York operation. Reporting into the global VP Customer Success in Dublin, Ireland, you will be based in our New York office. As our customer base is nationwide, there will be a degree of national travel involved. From time to time, you will be expected to attend internal workshops and training in out Dublin office in Ireland.
Our Customer Success Managers are responsible for ensuring our customers achieve their desired outcomes through the successful deployment and adoption of the Brightflag platform.
Our Senior Customer Success Managers are highly experienced relationship managers. They have a unique ability to define a vision for how Brightflag enables the General Counsel / Legal Operations team to achieve the objectives for their organization. They lead the understanding of the customer desired outcomes and the use cases these drive.
They are capable of building multi-persona relationships within our customers to ensure the value of Brightflag is clearly recognised. They will be accountable for the strategic Customer Success plans for a set of customers (possibly in a region or similar) ensuring they are of mutual benefit to the customer and Brightflag.
We understand that not all our customers are the same, so we listen carefully to what our customers are trying to achieve and put strong emphasis on the on-boarding stage of their journey. We are engaged with our customers at all times so we can be proactive when their business objectives change.
We see our customer success function as having two pillars. The first is the relentless focus on ensuring our customers achieve their goals from the successful deployment and adoption of Brightflag. The second pillar is our customer success function achieving its revenue goals. We achieve this win-win by being agile, ensuring where necessary, we have robust, scalable processes that support the Customer Success Managers.
Customer Success owns the renewals and the upsell opportunity. Therefore, our relationship with Sales is vital - we work as a team when we have to and we share a joint passion for meeting and exceeding our goals.
We use our consultative approach to help our customers plan their Legal Operations strategy, deploy new programs, and measure success. Our customer base is growing quickly, and we leverage the experience and creativity of not just our own team but of other customers too. We want to create a global community of Legal Operations innovators and experts and deliver the best practice to our customers.
· Proactively own and manage portfolio of enterprise-level and mid-level Brightflag customers
· Develop individual Customer Success plans for each customer to ensure successful deployment, on-going adoption, expansion and renewal across the portfolio of customers
· Be an expert on the Brightflag Platform, with a deep understanding of
- The disruptive nature of our platform
- The changes in the Legal ops / Law-tech industry
- The Brightflag platform and its abilities
- Harvest Customer Success Stories and engage with our Marketing function to get as many of these stories to Case Studies
· Consult with customers on their Legal Operations / Function strategy and engage with the correct contacts to drive change across their organization
· Build and maintain trusted adviser relationships at the executive level and at other persona levels
· Be a leader in the Pre-boarding and On-Boarding of new customers. Partner with our Implementation Consultants to ensure successful deployment of Brightflag
· Leverage our customer feedback mechanisms to surface customer requests and help translate customer feedback into product requirements
· Partner with marketing to develop customers for events such as Breakfast briefings, Conferences and media opportunities
· Be responsible for leading specific internal and customer facing processes, programmes and materials to improve the quality and efficiency of the Customer Success department
· BA or BS degree
· 5-8 years of B2B SaaS customer success, account management or consulting experience working with large, enterprise-level accounts (> $100k ACV)
· Experience working with global multi-national customers would be a plus, but not required