Are you interested in getting involved in a rapidly growing, VC-backed technology start-up?
Brightflag is building the world’s platform for the management and resourcing of legal work and is seeking an experienced Product Owner to help drive our ambitious global growth plans.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated Product Owner to work with our Dublin-based Product team. To excel as Product Owner, we expect you to have a background delivering B2B software product in an Enterprise sector, in a Product Owner or Business Analyst capacity. Experience delivering in a Product-led software company is essential, experience in a SaaS deployment model is advantageous.
You will assist the Product Manager and other stakeholders in helping make our products world-class and driven by our customers’ needs. You will have a good mix of product management and people skills, coupled with broad technical knowledge. This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic startup environment delivering solutions to large Enterprises that have significant legal spend.
- Act as the primary Product Owner from our main product line.
- Acquire and disseminate expert-level knowledge of our product internally, and externally when required.
- Understand and act appropriately on the business and technical requirements of the client base to help drive our product direction.
- Contribute to the product backlog, working with the Product Manager, Product Development Team and Software Architects to breakdown business epics, with responsibility to document user stories, design details and acceptance criteria to a high standard.
- Drive internal backlog refinement sessions to clarify business epics and prepare stories for technical breakdown and planning, ensuring all requirements are well understood by the Product Development Team.
- Participate in internal workshops to define and plan new Customer on-boarding and implementation requirements, assisting the Implementation Project Managers to identify feature dependencies and gaps that are candidates for the requirements backlog.
- Support the product engineering team and engage the UI design team to bottom out product designs.
- Project coordination/Project Management related activities on backlog Epics and User stories to ensure customer implementation timelines are met.
The candidate should have the following experience:-
· 4+ years experience as a Product Owner
· Background in delivering B2B products for Enterprises, preferably in Telecoms or Finance markets, experience in the Legal domain is an advantage.
· Delivery of product-based solutions to market, preferably a SaaS product
· Experience of operating within an Agile environment
· Experience of technical breakdown of business epics
· Backlog and ticket tracking system knowledge, preferably JIRA
· Good mix of architectural skills, business analysis capabilities & commercial understanding
· Deep software technology understanding of mission-critical enterprise technology for web applications, preferably using open Java-based technologies
· Strong technical aptitude
· Excellent verbal and written communications ability
· Technical Project Management experience a plus
· Honours primary degree
The role is based in our Headquarters in the heart of Dublin city at 12 Camden Row, Dublin 8.
Salary will be competitive relative to your level experience.