Director of Legal
Brightflag is a modern spend management platform for legal departments incorporating eBilling, matter management, invoice review and accruals management. We intelligently use AI to analyse legal bills and help large enterprise customers control costs.
We’ve recently raised $7M in venture funding making us one of the fastest growing tech-startups in the legal world with a growing number of high-profile customers including Uber and Telstra. Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best. Our people are customer focused, take ownership and make every day count, the opportunity to direct impact at Brightflag is huge - we live our values and are in search of constant improvement.
What is the opportunity?
As the Director of Legal at Brightflag, you will be our in-house counsel and work across a broad range of corporate, commercial, IP, regulatory and HR disciplines within a fast-growing legal tech company.
- Providing expert and strategic legal advice to management
- Drafting, negotiation and reviewing customer software licences and ancillary documents (NDAs, DPAs etc.)
- Advising on data protection compliance and obligations, in particular GDPR
- Reviewing/advising on supplier contracts and documentation in relation to network infrastructure, datacenters, software and office suppliers
- Advising the Sales and Marketing teams on marketing regulations, in particular relating to privacy in communications and advertising regulations
- Advising on IP issues to assist the Engineering and Marketing team as well as working with external counsel to administer the Group’s IP portfolio of trade marks, patents and domain names
- Advising on employment issues in key jurisdictions with support from external advisors
- Administering and advising on share option plans and issuances, including researching rules around tax treatment
- Reviewing leases and other documentation for Brightflag’s global offices
- Assistance and advice with policies and procedures for information security, including work relating to the group’s ISO27001 and SOC II certification
What Skills do I need?
- Qualified Lawyer (c.6-8 PQE)
- Experience gained within a large law firm
- Experience in negotiating complex software licenses and commercial contracts
- Familiarity with data protection, privacy and security issues
- Confidence in advising on technology applications
- Familiarity with company law
- Strong grounding in intellectual property law including copyright, trademarks and patents
Bonus skills & attributes
- In house-experience in a technology company is highly desirable.
We’re growing fast and so are our benefits.
- Competitive salary in a fast-growing start-up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Comprehensive health insurance with Irish Life
- Central office location in Dublin City
- If you bus/dart or Luas, you can avail of our Tax-Saver Scheme
- If you cycle, you can avail of our Cycle-to-Work Scheme (with secure bike storage and shower facilities in our office)
- Reading is important, therefore we offer a great Book Work Scheme benefit
- We offer 23 days holidays
- We also offer relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
At Brightflag, we are a diverse and inclusive bunch of people. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who make every single day count and strive for constant improvement. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.